“VA” means Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and its related bodies corporate.
- VA offers In-flight Entertainment (“IFE”) on a selected number of aircraft types and routes and is subject to availability.
- VA offers two types of IFE depending on the aircraft type and route: wireless technology using the Entertainment app on a guest’s own device; or seatback IFE.
- IFE is complimentary for all guests.
- VA’s IFE programming schedules are subject to change at any time without notice and content may not match the content listed in Virgin Australia Magazine.
- VA has selected media to ensure a wide variety of choices. VA does not have the ability to censor programming and accepts no responsibility for any footage shown on IFE programming which may be offensive or distressing to any guest.
- The parent or guardian of a minor is solely responsible for the content viewed by the minor.
- VA is unable to guarantee that the IFE will be available on all flights. VA is not responsible for any interruptions to the service including and without limitation, those due to acts of nature, power failure, satellite signal failure, technical fault, serviceability issues or any other cause.
- VA is unable to make charging ports available on all aircraft. VA is not responsible for the battery life of a guest’s device nor is it required to charge a guest’s device.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the appropriate IFE application or software has been downloaded on their device prior to boarding the aircraft.
- VA is not responsible if a guest’s device is unable to connect to the Wireless IFE system.
- Guests are prohibited from:
(i) sharing their device with other guests;
(ii) Content on our IFE system is made for single-person viewing only; and
(iii) downloading, copying or exploiting content, removing any proprietary notices or circumventing, removing or deactivating content protections in the IFE or a guest’s device.
- Guests must comply with any crew instructions to shut down their device in circumstances reasonably required by VA. For full T&Cs visit VirginAustralia.com/ife.
- Educational content made available through the IFE programming is provided by third party services providers and Virgin Australia excludes any warranties as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of such content. Any educational content viewed is not intended to be, and should not be construed as legal, financial, or other professional services advice of any kind.
- IFE content accessible may include MA 15+ media. If a guest is under 15, the parent/guardian who makes the booking for the guest consents to the guest who is under 15 years of age accessing our IFE.
- If the guest’s parent/guardian is not prepared to give this consent, the parent/guardian acknowledges that they will ensure that if the guest aged under 15 years of age travels with a device, then that device is either disabled so it cannot receive the IFE content. Alternatively, the parent/guardian must advise Virgin Australia’s cabin crew that the guest under 15 years of age cannot view the IFE content and must authorise Virgin Australia’s cabin crew to enable the parental controls on the device.
- If Virgin Australia makes the IFE content available at the direction of the parent to a guest under 15 years of age on the guest’s device, the parent/guardian making the booking agrees that Virgin Australia is making the IFE content available on behalf of, and as the agent of, the parent/guardian.
- If an unaccompanied minor (“UMNR") travels on a flight where seatback IFE is available, the parent/guardian consents to Virgin Australia’s cabin crew enabling the parental controls on the seat back system. The parent/guardian who makes a booking for an UMNR acknowledges that if consent is given for the UMNR to view IFE programming (wireless or seatback):
(i) the UMNR will be given access to Virgin Australia’s IFE content, which may include MA15+ content;
(ii) Virgin Australia’s cabin crew will use reasonable endeavours to enable the parental controls to the level requested by the parent/guardian at the time a flight booking is made; and
(iii) neither the UMNR, nor anyone claiming through or on behalf of the UMNR, will have any claim against Virgin Australia or any of its officers, agents and employees in respect of the in-flight entertainment that is viewed (or not viewed) by the UMNR.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
*Apple, the Apple logo iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the United States and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Silverlight and Internet Explorer are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries.