Want to enjoy the perks of Business without the price tag?
Say hello to UpgradeMe.
Make an offer
Determine the amount you're willing to pay to upgrade.
Enter payment details
Enter your card details. You'll only be charged if your offer is successful.
Review and submit
Cross your fingers! You can change your offer right up until you are advised of your offer's outcome.
If you're successful
We'll send an email no later than three hours before your departure advising you of your upgrade.
Are you eligible to make an upgrade offer?
If you’re travelling on a Virgin Australia flight and ticket number, you may be eligible to bid for an upgrade to our Business Class cabin on eligible Domestic and International flights. Economy Lite fares are not eligible to bid to upgrade.
View our Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge locations. Virgin Australia currently do no operate any International Lounges.
Experience our Business Class cabin
Indulge in second-to-none space and comfort. Relax in (or work from) your luxurious leather seat and enjoy a delicious plated meal from our Business class menu, boasting fresh and contemporary flavours. A range of hot and cold drinks, including Australian beer and wine will also be available for your enjoyment.
If you're successful for an upgrade, you can enjoy the perks of Priority Check-in, Priority Baggage and Priority Boarding.
Other ways to upgrade for Velocity members
Use your Velocity points to request an upgrade. Find out more about Velocity Frequent Flyer flight upgrades.
Velocity Platinum members are entitled to four complimentary fare upgrades per year, from a Freedom fare to a Business class seat on Virgin Australia domestic and international short haul flights. Find out more about Velocity Frequent Flyer Platinum membership.
Important information about UpgradeMe
Upgrade acceptance is at Virgin Australia’s' sole and absolute discretion. When a Business Class upgrade is requested within 3 hours of departure via our Guest Contact Centre, website, airport check-in counter, check-in kiosks, or Virgin Australia lounge we may not be able to guarantee you will be provided with a business class meal. For full terms and conditions, please refer to UpgradeMe terms of service.
Changes and cancellations
If you choose to change or cancel your flight, you will not be refunded or credited for your upgrade.
- If you have placed a bid but need to use a different payment card, you will need to cancel your current bid if it is still within the offer window. Once you cancel the initial bid, you will be able to submit a new offer using your preferred card.
- If your offer has been accepted and the card authorisation fails, you’ll receive an email with a link to enter your new card details.
- If your flight is cancelled, Virgin Australia will endeavour to accommodate you with your upgrade on the next available flight. If you are not reaccommodated, please fill out our refund form to organise a refund.
- If Economy X is purchased with the original fare, refunds will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.
- You may have additional compensation rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Find more information about your consumer rights.
Velocity Points or Status Credits can only be earned on the original booking, not the upgraded booking.