Now hiring Commercial Pilots for a range of ports in Australia
Be part of a success story that is getting better day by day. We’re driven by our ambition to be Australia’s most loved airline – with new aircraft joining the fleet each month, additional routes being launched regularly, and recent monthly passenger volumes that have exceeded pre-pandemic.
Virgin Australia pilot benefits
This is a role for commercial pilots who are motivated by having outstanding work-life balance and being part of an airline with bases in major Australian locations. You’ll also appreciate...
Virgin Australia team members also enjoy extensive benefits including heavily discounted travel for you and your loved ones with us and our international airline partners, and support for your wellbeing via a confidential Employee Assistance Program and a digital wellbeing platform.
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
To be considered for our flight crew team as a First Officer on a B737, you’ll need:
- A current Australian ATPL or Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and passes in all Australian ATPL theory subjects
- Australian Instrument Rating with MEA, IAP 2D and IAP 3D endorsement
- English language proficiency Level 6
- A valid Australian Class 1 Medical Certificate
- MCC Certificate
- Have the following relevant experience:
- A minimum total flight time of 500 hours with 300 hours in command of a powered fixed wing aircraft (excluding ICUS), that includes 200 hours in command of a multi engine aircraft (excluding ICUS), or
- A minimum total flight time of 500 hours with 300 hours in command of a turbine powered fixed wing aircraft, or
- A minimum total flight time of 500 hours on aircraft certified for operation by a crew of at least 2 pilots (multi-crew aircraft).
Pilot recruitment process
The process for being considered for Virgin Australia Pilot jobs has been designed to be as streamlined and comfortable as possible for you, while allowing us to carefully assess your skills and experience against our requirements. You’ll receive email updates as your application progresses, even if at any stage you do not progress. Our Pilot recruitment process is outlined below.
Submit your application today
We’re now actively recruiting and processing applications quickly. Apply today so one of our team can be in touch.