Work, relax and socialise
Make your next trip to the airport an enjoyable one by experiencing the Virgin Australia Lounge.
Fresh salads, sandwiches, wraps and healthy snacks are prepared on site daily and available for you to enjoy from our hosted food bar.
Alcoholic beverages, including craft beers and curated wines, are served from 12pm.
Enjoy barista coffee, premium tea & soft drinks served all day.
For a contactless entry experience, guests are encouraged to enter the lounge using our self-serve kiosks.
Enjoy lounge access immediately upon arrival at your destination after your Virgin Australia flight for up to 60 minutes. Subject to space availability.
Business centre services are currently unavailable.
Shower facilities are available.
International Lounge access when travelling on an international Virgin Australia operated flight
- Virgin Australia do not currently operate any international lounges at any international departure port. *
- If you are travelling on a partner airline operated flight, you may have access to one of our partner airline operated lounges
- For up-to-date information on partner airline operated lounges such as availability and eligibility, please check here
*Eligible guests travelling with Virgin Australia internationally from Adelaide can use the domestic lounge as the international and domestic departures are located within the one terminal.
Accessing the Lounge
Dropping into the lounge is one of the best parts of any trip. See how you can be eligible to enjoy the benefits.
|As a Velocity Platinum or Gold member or as a Business class guest
||Enjoy complimentary lounge access if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight. See information on accompanying guests.|
|As a Virgin Australia Lounge member||Join or renew to make sure you’re all set for a great start to every trip if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight. See information on accompanying guests.|
|As a Velocity Silver member with single entry passes||Enjoy complimentary lounge access using your single-entry lounge pass if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight.|
|If you hold a Velocity Partner credit card with a single-entry pass||Enjoy complimentary lounge access using your partner single-entry lounge pass if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight.|
|If you hold a Velocity Partner Airline status that includes Virgin Australia Lounge access||Enjoy complimentary lounge access if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight.|
|If you hold an American Express Centurion or Platinum card*||
Enjoy complimentary lounge access if you are flying on a same day Virgin Australia flight.
*Not all Platinum cards allow access – please refer to your applicable Platinum cards Terms and Conditions.
Domestic lounge locations
Access details for our domestic lounges.
International lounge locations
Access details for our partner airline lounges.
Virgin Australia lounge rules
Find out more about our conditions upon entry to the Virgin Australia Lounge.
We're excited to welcome you back
To make sure you're all set for a great start to every trip, follow the steps below to join or renew your Virgin Australia Lounge membership.
Log in to our lounge portal using your Velocity member details.
Not a member of Velocity? Sign up now.
Follow the steps to 'Join Virgin Australia Lounge'
Fees may apply as listed below.
Join today and select from annual or lifetime membership. See membership fees below.
Get immediate lounge access upon purchase. Simply download your digital card on the Virgin Australia App.
Corporate, government and industry membership
Discounted membership and joining fees may be available to companies, agencies, departments and associations that enrol multiple individuals in the Virgin Australia Lounge program.
If your employer has been issued with a scheme rate to the Virgin Australia Lounge and you wish to purchase or renew your annual membership under this rate, please contact the scheme coordinator within your organisation or alternatively, contact your Virgin Australia account manager.
For more information regarding a new scheme or your current lounge rate, please contact your Virgin Australia account manager.
Purchase a Lounge pass on the day
A single-entry pass may be purchased for $65 on the day of your departure from the lounge reception, subject to space availability.
Single-entry passes allow you to enjoy access to the lounge up to 2 hours prior to departure. See Lounge location opening times.
Lounge access permitted for eligible partner airlines and credit card partners. Please refer to your provider's website for further information.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and our people has never been more important to us.
As we prepare to reopen our Lounge network, we’ve made changes to the Lounge experience to minimise risks associated with COVID-19.
Here are some steps we’re taking to help you feel comfortable when visiting our Lounges.
- Prior to entering the Lounge, all guests should ensure they’re healthy and well to travel. In line with advice from health authorities, guests with cold or flu symptoms should not travel.
- Upon entering the Lounge, all guests will be required to sign in using our QR code and provide contact details as part of COVID-19 contact tracing requirements.
- For a contactless entry experience, all guests are encouraged to enter the Lounge using our self-entry kiosks.
Increased cleaning procedures
- As part of our commitment to maintaining high cleaning standards, we have increased frequency of cleaning for high touch and high traffic areas within the Lounge.
- Seats and tables will be sanitised after each use.
- Our bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitised regularly throughout the day. Shower facilities will be temporarily unavailable.
- Our staff maintain high hygiene standards in the Lounge, including practicing proper hand sanitising procedures.
- Hygiene kits containing a face mask and sanitising wipes are available on request.
- Automatic hand sanitising stations will be readily available throughout the Lounge.
- Because of social distancing requirements, seating capacity within our Lounges may be limited. We have also made adjustments to the layout of furniture to ensure social distancing.
- All guests should maintain a safe distance of 1.5m between themselves and others while in the Lounge.
Reduced physical touchpoints
- To ensure the highest standards of food safety and hygiene, self-service food and beverage is currently unavailable.
- Guests will be required to place food and beverage orders with our team. We have made changes to our menu to adhere to COVID-safe protocols. Pre-made food items including sweet and savoury snacks, sandwiches and fresh fruit will be available from our hosted food bar.
- Barista coffee, premium tea & soft drinks will be served all day.
- Alcoholic beverages including craft beers and curated wines served from 12pm.
- Business centre services, newspapers and magazines are currently unavailable.
- Virgin Australia Valet is currently unavailable.
- We’re reassessing the re-opening of the Premium Lounge Entry in Sydney and Brisbane and will provide an update shortly.
For Lounge enquiries or feedback, please see below for the relevant contact details.
For general lounge access and enquiries: Call 1300 287 202 (+61 7 3333 6688 from outside Australia) during business hours Monday to Friday or email email@example.com.
For Federal Government lounge access: Contact the Virgin Australia Federal Government team at Federal.Government@virginaustralia.com.
Contact the Virgin Australia adspace team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We pride ourselves in delivering the highest standard of service. We invite you to submit feedback via our feedback form.
Important information about Virgin Australia Lounges
- Membership and access is subject to the Virgin Australia Lounge terms and conditions and lounge rules.
- Due to changing government restrictions and operational requirements, lounge operating hours may vary without notice.
- Virgin Australia does not provide luggage storage facilities.
- ^ Premium Entry & Exit available for Velocity Platinum and Gold members, partner airline reciprocal status members, Business class guests and Virgin Australia Lounge lifetime members.