Virgin Australia Cabin Crew are responsible for providing a highly polished and professional service to ensure the highest levels of onboard safety and care for our guests. The role of Cabin Crew is diverse and includes duties such as conducting safety briefings onboard, assisting our special needs guests, administering first aid, preparing and delivering food and beverage services and providing exceptional customer service to ensure we exceed our guests' expectations onboard our aircraft.
The nature of the aviation industry means that Cabin Crew can be affected by factors outside of their control. To enjoy this job and be successful, you’ll need to be adaptable, resilient and able to work under pressure – with the ability to deliver Virgin Australia's award-winning service.
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Six weeks annual leave
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Extensive training (No experience? No dramas!)
- Free onsite physio
- Full uniform and staff parking
- Recognition program Virgin Flair program with ability to earn Velocity Points
- Family friendly policies
- And a lot more…