Virgin Australia Business Flyer
“Win 5 Million Velocity Points for your Business” Promotion Terms & Conditions
Game of Chance / Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to businesses operating in Australia with an authorised representative aged 18 years or over who hold a current Virgin Australia Business Flyer membership (Entrants).
3. The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 275 Grey St, South Brisbane QLD 4101.
4. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and agencies associates with this Promotion are not eligible to enter this Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST 25 September 2023 and ends at 11:59pm AEST 19 November 2023 (Promotion Period)
6. To be eligible to enter this Promotion, an authorised representative of an Entrant must:
(a) join the Virgin Australia Business Flyer program if not already a member OR if a current Virgin Australia Business Flyer member, register to participate in the promotion (as detailed further below); and
(b) purchase an Eligible Flight (as listed below) during the Promotional Period.
7. Flights must be booked through the VA.com website (and ABN must be entered at time of booking), the Virgin Australia Business Flyer booking portal or via the member’s nominated Travel Management Company and the traveller must fly before 11:59PM AEST 30 November 2023.
Eligible Flights include:
(a) a one-way domestic or short haul international flight marketed and operated by Virgin Australia; or
(b) a one-way flight on an international partner airline (including United Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Qatar Airways) with a VA flight number (excluding fare classes X, Z and G).
8. To enter the Promotion, the Entrant must then:
(a) For new Virgin Australia Business Flyer members – an authorised representative of an Entrant must join the Virgin Australia Business Flyer program by visiting Join Virgin Australia Business Flyer and book an Eligible Flight during the Promotion Period; or
(b) For existing Virgin Australia Business Flyer members – an authorised representative of the Entrant user must register the Entrant for the Promotion by visiting the opt-in form during the Promotional Period. Once registered, the authorised representative of the Entrant must book an Eligible Flight.
9. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for each Eligible Flight. For clarity, any flights that are booked but not taken are not be eligible for entry.
10. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be deemed final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
11. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
12. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
13. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
C. Drawing Winners
14. The draw will be conducted on 14 December 2023 at 3:00pm (AEDT) at Anisimoff Legal, 3 Amy Close, Wyong NSW 2259. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
15. The winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published on virginaustralia.com/businessflyer/offers on Tuesday 19 December 2023.
16. If a prize is not claimed within 3 months of the draw, a redraw will occur. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on Thursday 14 March 2024 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
17. A redrawn winner, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw. The name of any re-draw winner will be published on virginaustralia.com/businessflyer/offers on Tuesday 19 March 2024.
18. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
19. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
20. The first valid entry drawn will win Five Million Velocity Points credited to the winner’s Virgin Australia Business Flyers Rewards Portal within four (4) weeks of the winner announcement.
21. Total prize value is up to $33,000 AUD (including GST). Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityrewards.com). The prize is not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
22. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. Bonus Points will expire 24 months following no Virgin Australia Business Flyer account activity. This includes earning, redeeming and transferring Velocity Points from a Virgin Australia Business Flyer account..
24. Use of Velocity Points is subject to the Virgin Australia Business Flyer Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at: https://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/fly-for-business/business-flyer/terms-conditions/
25. The Prize will be awarded to the business named and ABN number in the entry (must match).
E. Contacting the Entrant
26. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to be contacted in relation to this Promotion by the Promoter. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
27. Entrants, and all authorised representatives on behalf of Entrants, consent to the Promoter using their name, and the name, likeness, image and/or voice of any authorised representative who has participated in the Promotion in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Entrant who in the opinion of the Promoter ampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
29. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
30. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
32. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction from a regulatory authority.
33. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; and (v) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a winner’s trip).
34. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
38. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
NSW Authority No. TP/01843.
ACT Permit No. TP23/01777.
SA Permit No. T23/1379.