Fly Carbon Neutral Terms and Conditions
- The Fly Carbon Neutral program is voluntary.
- Payment for carbon offsets purchased will include a Goods and Services Tax (GST) component which will not be allocated towards carbon offset projects.
- You can pay for your carbon offset with Velocity Frequent Flyer Points. The number of points required will vary. There is no GST component if you pay with Velocity Frequent Flyer points.
- The points or payment used to purchase carbon offsets and the applicable GST will not be refunded in any circumstances including in the event your flight is cancelled by Virgin Australia or you do not travel on your scheduled flight.
- Your carbon offsets purchase will be included in your purchase invoice, received via e-mail from Virgin Australia. We will not provide duplicate tax invoices. If you use points to purchase carbon offsets, this transaction will be included in your monthly Velocity Frequent Flyer statement.
- The Virgin Australia Fly Carbon Neutral program has been certified under the Climate Active Program supported by the Australian Government.
- The methodology used to calculate your emissions provides an estimate only and should not be relied upon as an accurate record of the actual emissions. We accept no liability if the calculation of carbon emissions relating to your seat on your flight is incorrect or inaccurately reflects actual carbon emissions attributable to your seat on your flight.
- Infants are not included in the calculation of flight emissions for online bookings. An infant is a passenger aged up to 23 months inclusive.
- Your contribution will be used to acquire eligible carbon offsets generated from projects that are accredited and are Climate Active certified. We may at our absolute discretion acquire carbon offsets from certified carbon offset projects of our choice. You are not able to direct us to allocate the funds to any particular carbon offset projects or suppliers.
- While Virgin Australia has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information provided by us on the Virgin Australia websites relating to carbon offsetting is correct, all information may be subject to change at any time without notice. Virgin Australia is not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
- Virgin Australia reserves the right to suspend or terminate this carbon offsetting arrangement in its absolute discretion at any time, without giving notice to you. This arrangement will be subject to any applicable legislative or other regulatory controls imposed by State and Federal Governments, whether existing now or at any time in the future.
These Terms and Conditions are effective as at the date of publication (May 2017) and may be amended by Virgin Australia from time to time without giving notice to you.