Virgin Australia is proud to be a Codeshare partner with Virgin America, our sister airline based in San Francisco.
Our partnership with Virgin America offers you the choice to fly and experience the Virgin brand on connecting services to/from Los Angeles to 11 cities in the United States and 1 in Mexico.
Our partnership offers Velocity Frequent Flyer members the ability to earn and redeem Velocity frequent flyer points and gain status credits on eligible flights. Other service benefits including the use of Virgin America lounge at Los Angeles for Velocity Platinum and Gold Members.
Visit the Virgin America website.
Virgin Australia codeshares on Virgin America's non-stop services between Los Angeles and Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Newark, Seattle and Washington D.C, using A320 and A319 aircraft. The partnership also offers 5 Interline destinations across the United States and Mexico.
In the Air
Virgin Australia Cabin Classes
International 'The Business'
When travelling in ‘The Business’ on Virgin Australia’s Boeing 777 fleet, guests will enjoy all of the exceptional benefits as detailed below:
- Arrive and depart in style with complimentary limousine transfers
- Dedicated ‘The Business’ Check-in, Boarding and Baggage Release
- Access to Virgin Australia partner lounges
- Welcome aboard glass of champagne
- Private cocoon-like suites
- Fully horizontal lie flat beds with in seat massage and extra legroom
- Personal video screen with full screen video on demand entertainment system
- Fully adaptable private suite with electrical power, USB connectivity and storage at your fingertips
- A Luke Mangan designed à la carte menu, which uses the finest local produce
- Premium selection of Australian and international wines
- Self-service boutique bar
- Customs Express Path and Priority Baggage release
When travelling in our Premium experience across our Boeing 777 fleet, guests will enjoy benefits such as:
- Dedicated Premium Check-in, Boarding and Baggage Release
- Champagne cocktail and canapés served after take-off
- Generous 41” seat pitch and 9” recline
- 10.6” Seatback In-flight entertainment screen and noise cancelling headsets
- In-seat electrical power and USB connectivity
- Self- service bar with a selection of beverages and snacks
- The best in fresh and local produce, with a selection of Australian wines and world-class liqueurs
- Personal video screen with full video on demand entertainment system
- USB slot to power personal devices
- Delicious menu with a selection of meal and beverage option
- Self-service snack kiosk with a selection of snacks and drinks.
Guests travelling on our international long haul services also have the opportunity to select Economy Space + at the time of booking. Located in the first five rows and the exit rows of the main cabin on Virgin Australia's Boeing 777-300ER fleet, Economy Space + benefits include:
- Extra legroom;
- Check-in via a dedicated Premium check-in counter;
- Preferred overhead locker;
- Dedicated crew members throughout the flight;
- Guaranteed first meal choice; and
- Premium noise cancelling headset.
Domestic/International Short Haul
Virgin Australia offers two comfortable, stylish and innovative cabin classes on-board its Domestic Australia flights, providing wireless In-flight Entertainment, gourmet food and beverage selections and excellent customer service. Learn more about our Cabin Classes.
Virgin America First Class
- Priority security check and boarding
- Enjoy the curated menu of premium snacks and complimentary meals on flights over two hours
- Complimentary in-flight entertainment system with access to newly released movies, live TV, and music videos.
Virgin America Main Cabin Select
- Priority security check and boarding
- Complimentary food and drinks from the in-flight eats
- Complimentary in-flight entertainment system.
Virgin America Main Cabin
- Sleek black leather seats
- On-Demand inflight entertainment of your choice
- On-Demand selection of food and drinks.
Virgin Australia codeshares on Virgin America operated services. Please check your itinerary and ensure you check-in with the operating airline.
You should be checked in for your international flight at least 90 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time. For further details see Check In.
Arriving in Australia
On arrival in Australia, all guests must clear immigration and customs before proceeding to domestic transfer area.
Complimentary intra-terminal transfers are offered between domestic and international terminals for connecting guests in Sydney and Brisbane.
Please select your city to view a transfers map and instructions:
Arriving in Los Angeles
When arriving from Australia on Virgin Australia operated flights into Tom Bradley International Terminal in Los Angeles, all guests must collect their baggage and proceed through Customs. Once cleared into the United States, please proceed to Terminal 3 for Virgin America operated flight.
When connecting from Virgin America operated flight via Los Angeles to Australia, your bags will be through checked to your final destination. On arrival in Los Angeles, if you are already holding a boading pass for your Virgin Australia flight, follow signs to Tom Bradley International Terminal and confirm the VA departure gate.
Your carry-on baggage allowance will depend on the operating carrier’s policy for each sector. The operating carrier of each sector is detailed in your itinerary. View the Virgin Australia carry-on baggage guidelines.
Your bags will be checked to your final destination when purchased in a single ticket, offering you a seamless customer experience.
Your included baggage allowance depends on the fare purchased and your Velocity membership level at time of travel. For more information see Checked Baggage.
For details on excess baggage charges and options for pre-purchase of additional baggage for Virgin Australia and Virgin America operated flights see Checked Baggage.
Virgin Australia Lounge Access
We’ve raised the bar.
Whether it’s relaxing with a glass of wine at the end of a long day, enjoying live music that lifts your mood or simply waking up with a freshly made barista coffee, our lounges aim to make flying a pleasure.
Our architecturally designed lounges are the perfect environment to catch up on work, socialise or relax in comfort. Full business services are available including complimentary WIFI access, meeting rooms and access to a suite of news publications so you can continue your day undisturbed.
Velocity Platinum and Gold members, Guests in business class and Virgin Australia lounge members can enjoy lounge access when travelling on Virgin Australia operated domestic flights.
Virgin America Lounge Access
Velocity Platinum and Gold members and Guests travelling in Business class on VA codeshare services operated by Virgin America receive complimentary entry into the Virgin America Loft in Los Angeles.
For full terms and conditions and more information, please visit International Lounge Access.
Virgin Australia and Virgin America frequent flyer members can earn and redeem points and status credits on selected services on both airlines through our reciprocal frequent flyer programs. Eligible Velocity Frequent Flyer members can also enjoy numerous benefits from priority airport check-in, priority boarding, priority baggage handling, priority screening and access to selected airline lounges.
Become a Velocity Frequent Flyer.
|On services operated by |
Virgin America with a VA or VX flight number
|Velocity Platinum members||Velocity Gold members||Velocity Silver members|
|Earn Velocity Points|
|Redeem Velocity Points|
|Earn Status Credits|
|Priority airport check-in|
|Priority baggage handling|
|Access to the Virgin America Loft lounge at the Los Angeles Airport#||Access plus one guest||Access plus one guest|
# Eligibility for lounge access varies according to your fare class, Velocity membership level and destination. For information on worldwide lounge access, simply select your eligibility from the drop down box on Virgin Australia’s International Lounge Access Guide .
For full terms and conditions and more information, please visit Benefits at a Glance.