1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents who are Velocity Frequent Flyer members, and 18 years of age or older (Entrants).
3. The Promoter is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) of registered address Level 11, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101.
4. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
5. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEST on 1 February 2021 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 8 February 2021 (Promotion Period).
6. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period: (1) make an Eligible Booking; (2) enter a valid Velocity membership number to the Eligible Booking; and (3) tell the Promotor in 25 words or less ‘where you would take your loved ones in Australia if you won and why?’, using the entry form at https://competitions.virginaustralia.com/competition/goodtimesflycomp (An Entry). An Eligible Booking is a new Virgin Australia marketed and operated flight.
7. Entrants must ensure their Velocity membership account contains a valid contact number and email address, when entering the Velocity membership number at the time of making an Eligible Booking
8. If an Entrant cancels their Eligible Booking before the Winners are drawn, the Entry will be invalid.
9. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period
10. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
11. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
12. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
13. The judging will be conducted on 17 February 2021at Level 15 225 George Street Sydney, NSW, 2000. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
14. The winner or Winners (a Winner) will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and their name/s will be published on the Promoter’s website after 22 February 2021.
15. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
17. There are 8 prizes to be won. The best valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win:
• Four (4) return Economy Class flights flying Virgin Australia departing from any Australian city where Virgin Australia operates from, to any Australian city where Virgin Australia operates to.
• 3-day car Rental for medium sized car with Hertz Australia
• One (1) $400 Expedia accommodation voucher
18. Total prize value is AUD$31,593.60 (including GST). The prizes are not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
20. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
21. To redeem the flights, the Winner must contact Virgin Australia’s Prize-winner Department via email at Prizewinners@virginaustralia.com and quote the certificate reference.
22. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
23. The Prize flights, accommodation and Hertz Car Rental will not earn Velocity Points.
24. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should contact the third party for more information.
a) The 3 Day Hertz Car Rental will be a Hertz vehicle from the standard collection S, G, D, I. Voucher is for use within Australia at participating Corporate locations. Hertz are located in every domestic airport Virgin Australia operates to except Kununurra and Hamilton Island. One day is specified as a period of 24 hours. Prize expires 1 year from issue date, blackout periods apply. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Drivers must hold a current licence which complies with Hertz standard requirements and rental conditions. Surcharge applies for drivers 21 - 24 years old. No one-way rentals are permitted. Prize may not be combined with any other promotion, special offer, coupon or discount. Gold Plus Rewards memberships and point earning do not apply on this rental. Prize includes Collision Damage Waiver, Location Fee, Vehicle Registration Recovery, Admin Recovery and GST on these items. Excludes: Fuel, Excess reduction AER, MAX Cover, SuperCover, Additional Driver Fee, other optional extras and GST on these items. A $100 petrol bond is payable by credit card at commencement of the rental and is credited back to the renter’s account at completion of the rental. At the time of collection, a credit card number must be provided as security and to purchase any additional items as mentioned above. Vehicle is subject to availability at time of request. To redeem the Car Rental the winner must contact Hertz Sales via email firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the voucher number.
b) The $400 Accommodation voucher is redeemable via https://expedia.virginaustralia.com/ and the accommodation prize voucher number must be inputted on the checkout page at the time of booking. The Accommodation voucher is non-transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash. The voucher must be redeemed with 12 months of issue. All standard hotel booking conditions apply.
25. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
26. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
27. Prize must be taken within 12 months from date of issue and is subject to booking and flight availability. Blackout periods may apply to the Prize.
28. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
29. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
30. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
31. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
32. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
33. If for any reason a Winner does not redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
F. Intellectual Property
35. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original artistic and/or literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
36. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Such use may include social media channels, publications including our inflight magazine and television commercials. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
37. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
38. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or another party in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
39. Entrants, the Winner and/or another party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
40. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
41. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
42. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
43. The Promoter, it’s agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry.
44. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
45. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
46. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
47. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
48. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; and (v) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
49. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
50. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
53. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.