1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry into the Hertz Voucher Giveaway + Double Points competition (Promotion). Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winner.
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 21 years or over (Entrants).
4. Employees and their immediate families of Hertz Australia Pty Ltd (“The Promoter” or “Hertz Australia”) and Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (“Virgin Australia”) and their associated franchisees, agencies and companies are not eligible to enter.
5. The Promotion commences on Monday 01 April 2019 at 12:01am (AEDT) and concludes on Friday 31 May 2019 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotional Period”).
How to enter
6. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must
a. Book a Hertz vehicle via www.virginaustralia.com or www.virginaustralia.com/hertzwin within the Promotional Period. The Hertz booking must be for travel for a minimum of one day (24 hours) in Australia between Monday 01 April 2019 - Wednesday 31 July 2019 (Travel Period).
7. There is a limit of one (1) entry per booking/rental agreement number during the Promotional Period.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
10. Inaudible, illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Entries must be received by Friday 31 May 2019 at 23:59 (AEST). The time of entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries for any reason.
12. If the Hertz rental vehicle booking is cancelled or refunded at any time before or during the Travel Period then the entry will be deemed invalid.
13. Entrants are eligible to earn double Velocity Points on all bookings throughout the Promotional Period and Travel Period, if their booking is made with a valid Velocity Member Number.
14. Velocity Double Points excludes taxes, fees, optional products and services. Offer is non-discountable and can be combined with this Promotion ONLY but no other special offers or coupons.
Points are earned on the base cost (total time and kilometres) of rentals in Australia. Points are not earned on optional extras. To earn and redeem Velocity Points you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity Member Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
The Prize and Prize Draw
15. The prize is one of fifty (50) five hundred dollar ($500AUD) flight vouchers for Virgin Australia. The total prize pool is twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000AUD).
16. Fifty (50) valid entrants will be drawn at random to become the Prize Winners.
17. The draw will take place at Hertz Head Office, Level 15, 636 St Kilda Road, VIC 3004 on Tuesday 20 August 2019 at 11:00 (AEST). The Prize Winners will be notified by phone and email within two (2) working days of the draw.
18. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the Hertz rental reservation and names will be published on www.virginaustralia.com
19. Prizes will be sent to the Prize Winners by Virgin Australia within 28 days of the prize draw.
21. Flights purchased using a Virgin Australia gift voucher are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
22. The Virgin Australia gift voucher must be used within 36 months from the date of issue or it will expire.
23. Prize Winners will need to disclose their residential address to Hertz Australia to be provided to Virgin Australia for the delivery of the prize.
24. If any Prize Winners do not respond within three months of being notified by Hertz Australia that they have won the competition, or if the Prize Winners are not readily identifiable after reasonable but unsuccessful efforts have been made by Hertz Australia to identify them, they will automatically forfeit their prize and Hertz Australia reserves the right to select another Prize Winner through a unclaimed prize draw.
25. If necessary, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Hertz Head Office, Level 15, 636 St Kilda Road, VIC 3004 on Thursday 21 November 2019 at 11:00 (AEST). The winners will be notified by phone and email within two (2) working days of the draw. The unclaimed prize draw winners will have their name published via www.virginaustralia.com.
Standard Terms & Conditions
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition results.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
29. Vehicle rental is subject to the Promoter’s standard rental Terms and Conditions available at www.hertz.com.au/terms.
30. The Promoter and Virgin Australia reserve the right to request that winners provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including rental agreement in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the party that has requested the proof of identification, residency and/or entry. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be
31. The Promoter and Virgin Australia reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
32. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party will be invalid.
33. Prizes cannot be transferred and cannot be redeemed for cash.
34. The Promoter and Virgin Australia take no responsibility for any variations in the prize values. The winner is not entitled to receive any money from any party if there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw.
35. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
36. If the prizes are unavailable, for whatever reason, Hertz Australia reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value if the winner agrees in writing and subject to any written directions from any applicable regulatory authority. If the winner does not agree despite reasonable attempts by Hertz Australia to reach an agreement and the prize is not available due to circumstances beyond Hertz Australia's control, Hertz Australia may substitute the prize with another item or items determined by Hertz Australia to be of equal or higher value.
37. Once the prize winners have taken possession of the prize, Hertz Australia takes no responsibility for damage, delay or loss in relation to the prize.
38. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State regulation.
39. The Promoter and Virgin Australia shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter and Virgin Australia are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
40. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. The Promoter, the Sponsors and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State regulation.
44. The laws of Victoria apply to this competition. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of Victoria.
45. The Promoter is Hertz Australia Pty. Limited (ABN 004 407 087) of 636 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004.
46. The Sponsors are Virgin Australia Airlines Pty (ABN 36 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 and Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd (ABN 795 808 909 51) of Level 15, Grosvenor Place, 225 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
47. Authorised under ACT Permit Number: TP 19/02742; NSW Permit Number: LTPS/19/32148; SA Permit Number: T19/224