1. The promotional period (“Promotional Period”) for this competition commences 12.01am AEST 1 May 2015 and ends midnight AEST 31 May 2015.
2. Taking part in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The promoter of the competition is AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd, trading as Allianz Global Assistance, ABN 52 097 227 177, 74 High Street, Toowong, Queensland 4066 (‘the Promoter’) authorised under ACT permit number: ACT TP 15/05311, NSW permit number: LTPS/15/02319.
4. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older (“Eligible Persons”).
5. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies are ineligible to enter.
6. To enter, Eligible Persons must during the Promotional Period:
a. purchase an Allianz Global Assistance Comprehensive (International) or Essentials (International) travel insurance policy via:
i. the Virgin Australia website while booking an International flight; or
ii. the following website https://virginaustralia.agaassistance.com.au/ quoting the promotional code VAMay; or
iii. by calling Allianz Global Assistance and identifying themselves as a Virgin Australia customer and quoting the promotional code VAMay
7. To enter, Eligible Persons must have purchased an international flight operated by Virgin Australia International Airlines Pty Ltd (“Virgin Australia International”) or a code share service which has a “VA” flight number, and flown all flights by 31 August 2015 (“International Flight(s)”).
8. There is a limit of 1 entry per flight booking.
9. There is (1) prize to be won. The prize is a cash payment equal to the amount the winner has paid for the International Flight(s), up to a maximum of AU$5,000.
10. The winner will be the first person named on the flight itinerary.
11. Payment will be made to the winner via Electronic Transfer or via post, at the winners’ request.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to request that winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
13. The winner of the competition will be drawn by random electronic selection at Allianz Global Assistance, Level 1, 74 High Street, TOOWONG, QLD, 4066 at 12 noon AEST, Wednesday 9 September 2015 (“Draw Date”).
14. The winner will be notified in writing, within seven days of the Draw Date. The winners’ details will be announced online at http://agaassistance.virginaustralia.com/home from 14 September 2015.
15. If the prize remains unclaimed by 9 December 2015, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw on that date by random electronic selection at Allianz Global Assistance, Level 1, 74 High Street, TOOWONG, QLD, 4066 at 12 noon AEST, Thursday 10 December 2015 (“Second Draw Date”).
16. The winner will be notified in writing.
17. If for any reason the winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. If this promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or is interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to, subject to the relevant Authorities which grant the Licence, to
a. cancel, terminate modify or suspend the promotion, where the Promoter deems appropriate; or
b. disqualify any entrant.
21. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
23. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
24. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
You can access the personal information about you held by the Promoter by calling 1300 360 529.