"We've raised the bar - Lounge" Promotion - Twitter
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Participant.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over and are members of Velocity Frequent Flyer at the time of entry (“Participants”). The Promoters are Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) (“Virgin Australia”) and Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd (ABN 98 116 089 448 of 56) (“Velocity”) both of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 (together the “Promoter”).
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter the promotion.
- The promotion commences from 9am AEST on 4 August 2014 and ends at 12:00 pm AEST on 10 August 2014 (“Promotion Period”). Winners will be selected on a daily basis until all of the prizes have been given away.
- The Promoter will monitor the Virgin Australia Twitter feed and select twenty five (25) Tweet followers who are influential persons/personalities with a major social media following (“Winner”).
- By accepting a prize Participants expressly consent to allow the Promoter to display their Tweet about Virgin Australia and/or the Virgin Australia Lounge (including but not limited to the image) in a public promotion gallery online. Costs associated with accessing the promotion website or Twitter feed remain an Participant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
- The Promoter will contact Winners by private message via Twitter.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome.
- There are twenty five (25) prizes to be won. Each prize comprises of two (2) single entry passes to the Virgin Australia Lounge.
- Single entry passes are subject to the following terms and conditions
(a) Must be a Velocity member to claim prize;
(b) Valid for 6 months from date of issue being the date of loading onto Winner’s Velocity account;
(c) Winners must advise their name and Velocity number when they attend a Virgin Australia Lounge to claim their pass; and
(d) Valid for use in domestic Virgin Australia lounges only and subject to normal entry terms and conditions and lounge rules located here: http://www.virginaustralia.com/us/en/experience/at-the-airport/lounge/#entry
- The prize value is up to $65 per single entry pass totalling $3,250 AUD (excluding GST).
- A Participant is only eligible to be awarded one prize and will not be awarded multiple prizes.
- The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If for any reason, the Winner does not claim the prize within 90 days of it being awarded the prize will be forfeited.
- As a condition of entering this promotion:
16.1 the Participant warrants to the Promoter that any Tweet it makes regarding Virgin Australia and/or the Virgin Australia Lounge does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party.
16.2 Participants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the Participant’s participation in any aspect of the promotion (“Works”). Participants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Participant will not be entitled to any fee for such use; and.
16.3 Participants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this promotion.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in their absolute discretion cancel the promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
- The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- By entering the promotion, each Participant also agrees that the Promoters may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the Participant commercial electronic messages. Participants acknowledge and agree that the Promoters do not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.
- Participant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoters.