"We've raised the bar - Lounge" Promotion - Facebook
Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia who are 18 years of age or over and are members of Velocity Frequent Flyer at the time of entry (“Entrants”). The Promoters are Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) (“Virgin Australia”) and Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd (ABN 98 116 089 448 of 56) (“Velocity”) both of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 (together the “Promoter”).
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoters and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The competition commences from 9.00am AEST on 4 August 2014 and ends at 12:00 pm AEST on 11 August 2014 (“Competition Period”). Winners will be selected from 12:00 pm AEST on 17 August 2014.
- To enter the competition, Entrants must ‘like’ the Virgin Australia Facebook Page answer in 25 words or less ‘”How would a lounge membership change your travel experience? On the Virgin Australia Facebook page under the competition post during the Competition Period.
- There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
- By entering this promotion Entrants expressly consent to allow the Promoter to display their entry (including but not limited to the image and 25 words or less) in a public competition gallery online. Before entries are displayed publicly on the online competition gallery the Promoter will approve each Entry before they are shown publicly. Entries will display in the gallery within 48 hours of submission.
- Costs associated with accessing the competition website remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service provider used.
- The winners will be announced on the Virgin Australia website on 15 September 2014 and be displayed for 30 days.
- Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
- There will be thirty five (35) winners chosen (Winner).
- The first ten (10) Winners chosen will each receive one (1) non-transferrable annual pass to the Virgin Australia Lounge.
- Annual lounge membership passes
(a) Must be a Velocity member to claim prize;
(b) Valid for 12 months from the date of issue;
(c) Valid for use in domestic Virgin Australia lounges only and subject to normal entry terms and conditions and lounge rules and
(d) Winners will receive a Lounge Membership Card which they must present to access Virgin Australia Lounges.
- The subsequent twenty-five (25) Winners chosen will each receive two (2) single entry passes to the Virgin Australia Lounge.
- Single entry passes are subject to the following terms and conditions
(a) Must be a Velocity member to claim prize;
(b) Valid for 6 months from date of issue being the date of loading onto Winner’s Velocity account;
(c) Winners must advise their name and Velocity number when they attend a Virgin Australia Lounge to claim their pass; and
(d) Valid for use in domestic Virgin Australia lounges only and subject to normal entry terms and conditions and lounge rules
- The prize value is up to $750 per annual membership and $65 per single entry pass, totalling $10,750 AUD (excluding GST).
- The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- An Entrant is only eligible to be awarded one prize and will not be awarded multiple prizes.
- If for any reason, the Winner does not claim the prize within 90 days of the announcement of the winners on the Virgin Australia website on 15 September 2014, the prize will be forfeited and the prize will be re-drawn and presented to the next eligible winner.
- Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- As a condition of entering this competition, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
25.1 The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party;
25.2 As a condition of entering this competition, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all copyright in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the competition (“Works”). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use; and
25.3 Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this competition.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in their absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
- The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. Any entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Entrants and participants in the competition acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants in the competition release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from the competition. Entrants provide their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- By entering the competition, each Entrant also agrees that the Promoters may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant, including sending the Entrant commercial electronic messages. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoters do not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.
- Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoters.