Privacy Statement Flight Bookings
Who is collecting your personal information?
Your personal information is being collected by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965). Our contact details are available on our website or you can email us at email@example.com.
Collection of your personal information
Your personal information was collected by:
- You providing your details to us during your flight booking.
- You booking a flight or experience through a travel or booking agent.
- A third party making or updating a flight booking on your behalf.
Authority for collection of personal information
We are required under the Customs Act 1901, Migration Act 1958, Civil Aviation Act 1988 and the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 to collect your contact details, passport details (where you are travelling to or from Australia) and your travel itinerary.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information:
- To process and make arrangements for your flight booking and any additional products or services you requested during the booking process.
- To communicate with you before and after your flight.
- To identify and arrange benefits for you with our airline and non-airline partners, including frequent flyer program recognition and benefits, complimentary membership and discounts.
- To contact you by email with marketing material that may interest you.
What would happen if we did not collect your personal information?
If we cannot collect your personal information requested during the booking process, we will not be able to process your booking and may not be able to provide you with all or some of our other products and services.
Who will we disclose your personal information to?
- We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, our airline and non-airline partners, security and law enforcement agencies, travel and booking agents and third parties who provide us with (or help us provide) products and services, including disclosure of your contact details and any health information you provided that is relevant to your booking.
- If there is more than one person named in your booking, we may disclose your personal information to the other passenger(s).
- We may disclose to and/or update your arrangements on request from any person who can provide the Passenger Reference Number for your booking and confirm the full name of one or more passengers or meet other verification criteria.
- In the event of an emergency, we may disclose your personal information to government departments and agencies and other support organisations involved in the emergency response, and to your family member(s) who contact us seeking information about your travel arrangements.
Overseas disclosure of your personal information
We are likely to disclose your personal information to the overseas countries where:
- You are travelling to or from (including to ground handlers, local law enforcement and security agencies, our airline and other partners who are providing you with a product or service).
- Our third party service providers are located, that is, Germany, India, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Philippines, United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- Our Velocity Frequent Flyer Program Partners are located, that is, all countries worldwide. We will only disclose your personal information to an overseas Velocity Frequent Flyer Program Partner where necessary to process a transaction for you.