Please note that information on this page only applies to flights and lounges operated by Virgin Australia. For flights operated by other airlines, please contact the airline directly.
Work, relax and socialise. Make your next trip to the airport an enjoyable one by experiencing the Virgin Australia Lounge.
We look forward to welcoming you back, as we re-open selected lounge locations. To ensure that travelling with us remains safe during this time, we’ve also made some temporary changes to our lounge experience, as detailed below.
Temporary changes to our lounge experience
We have simplified our lounge offering to reduce contact between guests and our team during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- To ensure the highest standards of food safety and hygiene, self-service food and beverage is currently unavailable. Guests will be required to place food and beverage orders with our team.
- We have made changes to our menu to adhere to COVID-safe protocols. Pre-made food items including sweet and savoury snacks, sandwiches and fresh fruit will be available from our hosted food bar.
- Barista coffee, premium tea & soft drinks served all day.
- Alcoholic beverages including craft beers and curated wines served from 12pm.
- Shower facilities will be temporarily unavailable.
- Business centre services, newspapers and magazines are currently unavailable.
- Virgin Australia Valet is currently unavailable.
- We’re reassessing the re-opening of the Premium Lounge Entry in Sydney and Brisbane and will provide an update shortly.
- Lounge access on arrival at your destination will be temporarily unavailable.
How to access the Virgin Australia Lounge
You can access our airport lounges as outlined below. If you are entitled entry through your financial institution or other partnerships held with Virgin Australia or Velocity, please contact your provider directly.
- As a Velocity Platinum or Gold member or as a Business class guest - Enjoy complimentary lounge access if you are travelling on a Virgin Australia operated flight.
- As a Virgin Australia Lounge member - Existing Lounge members have been granted a complimentary 12-month extension from the expiry date of their membership.
- As a holder of a Velocity Partner’s Credit Card with a Single Entry Single Lounge Pass - Enjoy complimentary lounge access using your partner single entry lounge pass if you are flying on a Virgin Australia operated flight.
- As a holder of a Velocity Partner Airline status that includes Virgin Australia Lounge access, or American Express Centurion and Platinum Charge card - Enjoy lounge access if you are flying on a Virgin Australia operated flight.
Important information about Virgin Australia Lounges
- Membership and access is subject to the Virgin Australia Lounge terms and conditions and lounge rules.
- Virgin Australia does not provide luggage storage facilities.
- ^ Premium Entry available for Velocity Platinum and Gold members, partner airline reciprocal status members, Business class guests and Virgin Australia Lounge lifetime members.
- ^^ Premium Exit and Priority Screening available for Velocity Platinum and Gold members, partner airline reciprocal status members and Business class guests.