Complimentary Stopover - Terms & Conditions
- This offer is only valid for new bookings made in any booking subclass within the Business Class cabins.
- The ‘free accommodation’ must be used in conjunction with qualifying Virgin Australia operated flights.
- To qualify, new flight bookings must be made from 1 December 2015 to 31 October 2016.
- The Offer is available to all guests travelling on Virgin Australia marketed or operated return flights only via Abu Dhabi, to all destinations, where the final destination is beyond Abu Dhabi.
- Offer is only valid for adults traveling on return tickets.
- Hotel bookings must be made at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight.
- Complimentary nights are subject to daily hotel allocation and as a result, all accommodation is subject to availability.
- Offer is valid on Virgin Australia operated flights as well as codeshare / interline flights provided that the journey connects onto a Virgin Australia operated flights within the same continent as the point of origin i.e. guest originating from Auckland must connect onto a Virgin Australia flight within Australia onwards to Abu Dhabi. The same rule applies when the journey ends in a destination beyond the Virgin Australia & Etihad joint network e.g. guest heading to Stockholm must fly into Europe from Abu Dhabi on an Virgin Australia marketed / Etihad operated flight following which they can connect to Stockholm via a partner service. All sectors on the ticket must be covered by the Virgin Australia network and must be flown on Virgin Australia flights to Abu Dhabi. The stopover conditions of the applicable fares paid must be adhered to when booking the ‘Complimentary Nights’ offer.
- Obtaining relevant UAE visas are the responsibility of the guest.
- On some tickets a charge is applicable if you choose to stopover in Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Please read the terms and conditions on your ticket carefully. In addition, you may be liable for an extra departure tax owed for your stop in the UAE.
- To be eligible for the Abu Dhabi / Dubai complimentary offer hotel nights and additional nights at the preferential rates, your hotel reservation must be made directly through the ‘Complimentary Nights’ team by completing the online form: virginaustralia.com/stopovers.
- ‘Complimentary Nights’ is a voluntary promotion run by Virgin Australia and can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the airline.
- The offer is not valid for guests originating their journey from the United Arab Emirates.
- The offer is not valid if flights are purchased as part of an inclusive holiday or tour package or a companion fare and does not apply to one-way journeys.
- This offer is not valid for infants or children.
- Offer is not valid for seats purchased either partially or fully with Velocity Frequent Flyer Points or any other frequent flyer currency for flight rewards tickets, award upgrades, or a fare excluding taxes as part of a cash plus points promotion.
- This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offer or Staff ID tickets
- Visas are not provided within this promotion. Obtaining relevant UAE visas are the responsibility of the Guest.
- Participating hotels in Abu Dhabi are Park Rotana Hotel, Grand Millenium Al Wahda Hotel, InterContinental Abu Dhabi Hotel, Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and The Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi.
- Participating hotel in Dubai is Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers.
- Complimentary nights are subject to availability and daily allocations.
- Offer consists of up to two (2) consecutive nights free accommodation at a single property for First Class guests and one (1) night free accommodation at a single property for Business Class guests. Additional nights may be purchased consecutively to free nights offer and must be taken and the stay fully completed within the same offer period. For any flights that do not fall within the specified periods, any other available rate at the time of booking will be offered.
- Partially completed travel will result in the commercial value of the complementary night’s offer being deducted from any refund claimed on the remaining unused airfare.
- All accommodation must be pre-booked prior to the journey commencing and cannot be requested on departure or during the course of the journey. Hotel reservations must be made a minimum of 72 hours (3 days) prior to departure for the request to be processed. This is not a guarantee of confirmation. Any reservations made directly with a hotel does not qualify for the offer and cannot be amended by Virgin Australia without exception.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion run by Virgin Australia on the participating hotels. Hotel accommodation is subject to availability and Virgin Australia reserves the right to offer an alternative hotel of a similar standard. No liability will be accepted where flight bookings have been made and/or tickets issued if no hotel availability exists.
- Travel companions must travel on all the same dates and flights with the qualifying guests, for the companion to be eligible to share accommodation. If the above criteria are met, the companion may travel in Economy Class.
- Occupancy up to a maximum of two adults will be offered on bed and breakfast basis for the qualifying number of nights. Free accommodation will be available on a bed and breakfast basis (single or double occupancy) and will include all municipality fees and service charges. It will not be possible to upgrade to a higher class of room/suite.
- All extra charges incurred to be paid directly (meals, laundry, room service, telephone etc.) to the hotel upon check-out, a credit card will be requested upon check-in as security against other services which are offered at an additional charge.
- In the event of cancellation, please contact the ‘Complimentary Nights’ team at email@example.com within a minimum of 3 working days to avoid cancellation charges. Cancellation charges apply where a full 3 days’ notice has not been received prior to arrival at the hotel.
- Additional nights can be booked via the ‘Complimentary Nights’ team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional nights may be taken consecutively to free nights offer and must be taken and stay fully completed within the same offer period. For any nights that do not fall within the specified periods, the best rate available will be offered.