1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are employed as a travel agent or wholesale consultant at a VFR travel agency (i.e. agency who has access to Virgin Australia’s Hong Kong VFR fare) located in Victoria, Australia, have a valid individual work email address (generic agency/consultancy or shared email addresses are not valid) and use a GDS to make bookings, (excluding employees from , online travel agents, online corporate booking tools or group bookings) as set out in clause 3 (Entrants). For the avoidance of doubt, if a travel agency/wholesaler of employment is an international agency with various offices and/or headquarters outside of Australia, only those employees of the agency who are physically in Victoria, Australia and are employed in one (1) of the agency’s Australian offices in Victoria will be eligible. Travel Agents must be employed as a Travel Consultant at the same travel agency at which they were working when they entered this Promotion (If an Entrant ceases employment with their travel agency between the date they entered the Promotion and the date the Winner is decided, they will be ineligible to win and the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement winner).
3. The following parties are not eligible for entry in the Promotion:
(a) directors and the management of any travel agencies, operations managers of large corporate agencies, online travel agents including Webjet, Expedia, Flight Centre Online, Jetabroad, Wotif, Last Minute Australia, Helloworld Online, Travel.com, Edreams, Cheapoair, corporate online agencies/online booking tools, group bookings; and
(b) directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
(c) employees not from a VFR travel agency.
4. The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 (The Promoter).
5. The Promotion commences at 00:01 AEST on 18 June 2019 and ends at 23:59 AEST on 22 July 2019 (Promotion Period).
6. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must make an Eligible Booking, which requires Entrants to:
(a) form a team with max 4 Entrants in one team (Teams);
(b) register via the Promotion’s registration form here;
(c) during the Promotion Period book and ticket an Eligible Flight. An Eligible Flight means any new flight booking operated by Virgin Australia to all international destinations which includes destinations beyond Hong Kong connected by partner airlines, expect North America, and made on Virgin Australia (795) ticket stock for travel on or before 30 November 2019 (Travel Period); and
(d) enter the following OSI entries in their employer’s applicable booking system at same time of PNR creation for the Eligible Booking:
- Sabre: 3OSI VA VAIN VA/TEAMUP/Team Name/Agent’s preferred name
- Galileo: SI.VA*VAIN VA/TEAMUP/Team Name/Agent’s preferred name
- Amadeus: OS VA VAIN VA/TEAMUP/Team Name/Agent’s preferred name
7. For the avoidance of doubt, a booking will not be considered an Eligible Booking and will not count towards the Promotion where any of the following applies:
(a) the booking does not have a valid ticket number;
(b) passengers on the booking do not complete their travel, the booking is subsequently cancelled or the booking has been modified prior to the completion of the promotion;
(c) the Entrant has not registered for this incentive via the provided link to the Google form;
(d) the Entrants do not enter the OSI entries at the same time of the PNR creation for the booking in accordance with clause 8; or
(e) the booking contains incomplete, invalid, incorrect, cancelled or indecipherable codes.
8. Each Eligible Booking must be unique to an individual travel agent. Agency (including online corporate booking tools/OBTs/OTA’s) and group bookings are not permitted and will not be considered an Eligible Booking for the purposes of the Promotion.
9. In the event that the Promoter becomes aware of any false bookings for the purposes of this Promotion, the Entrant will be disqualified from the Promotion, and any prizes awarded to the Entrant will be forfeited and must be returned by the Entrant.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Eligible Bookings and Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant(s) who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
13. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
14. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
How Winners are determined
15. There will be a total of 12 winners nationally during the Promotion Period.
16. The Promotion has two (2) components:
(a) The top selling prize is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging a Winner will be based on the highest ticketed net base fare of Eligible Bookings. The top two (2) selling team of Virgin Australia tickets during the Promotion Period will be awarded a first or second prize (Team Prize).
(b) Entrants (excluding Entrants from Teams who have won the Team Prize) also go into the draw to win one (1) of four (4) prizes (Lucky Draw Prize) for every Eligible Booking made during the Promotion Period. Lucky Draw Prizes will be chosen at random. The Lucky Draw Prize is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
17. Entrants will only be eligible to win a maximum of only one (1) prize during the Promotion Period.
Selecting Team Prize Winners – Game of Skill Component
18. The Team Prize winners will be determined from the entries received during the Promotion Period based on the Teams with the highest ticketed net base fare of Eligible Bookings and second highest ticketed net base fare of Eligible Bookings.
19. Team Prize Winners will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s business address, 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
20. The Team Prize Winners will be selected and notified in accordance with the table in Clause 33. The Weekly Prize Winners will be notified by 5:00pm AEST by 01 August 2019 directly by telephone and/or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
21. The Team name of the Team Prize Winners will be emailed to all Entrants on/after 01 August 2019.
Drawing Lucky Draw Prize Winners – Game of Chance Component
23. The Lucky Draw Prize draw will be conducted on 31 July 2019 at 12.00pm AEST at Virgin Australia, Gate 26, South Centre Rd, Tullamarine, Victoria 3045.
24. The Lucky Draw Prize winners will be selected and notified in accordance with the table in Clause 33 The Lucky Draw Prize Winners will be notified by 5:00pm AEST by 01 August 2019 directly by telephone and/or email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
25. The preferred name of the Lucky Draw Prize Winners will be emailed to all Entrants on/after 01 August 2019.
26. If the prize is not claimed within 3 months of email announcement, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted 01 November 2019 at 10:00 am AEST at XXX(pending).
27. A redrawn Lucky Draw Prize Winner will be notified by phone within three  days of the draw, and in writing within three  days of draw. The preferred name of the re-drawn winner will be emailed to all Entrants on 06 November 2019.
28. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
29. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
30. The prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable. If, for any reason, the prizes are not redeemed or claimed by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
31. If an Entrant has changed employer during the Promotion Period, it will be the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promotor so that their sales from each company can be combined.
32. There are 12 prizes to be won. Prizes consist of a top selling Team Prize, a first runner-up Team Prize and 4 Lucky Draw Prizes. The prizes consist of the following:
|Top Selling Team||First Runner-up Team||Lucky Draw|
|Prize: 4 x return Economy class tickets from Melbourne to Hong Kong (direct), for each Entrant in the team (taxes, carrier charges and applicable fees are payable by Winning Entrants at the time of booking).||Prize: 4 x return Economy class tickets from Melbourne to New Zealand (direct), for each Entrant in the team (taxes, carrier charges and applicable fees are payable by Winning Entrants at the time of booking).||Prize: 4 x return Economy class tickets from Melbourne to New Zealand (direct VA services only. Open jaw allowed. Taxes, carrier charges and applicable fees are payable by Winning Entrants at the time of booking).|
|Sales period: 18 June - 22 July 2019||Sales period: 18 June - 22 July 2019||Sales period: 18 June - 22 July 2019|
|Date the winners are determined: 31 July 2019||Date the winners are determined: 31 July 2019||Date the winners are determined: 31 July 2019|
33. Total prize value is $6,600 AUD including GST and taxes. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter retains the discretion to replace a Prize with another prize of equal value in the unlikely event that a Prize becomes unavailable.
34. Total prize value for the Game of Chance component is $3,920 AUD including GST and taxes. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter retains the discretion to replace a Prize with another prize of equal value in the unlikely event that a Prize becomes unavailable.
35. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website.
36. Flights must be on Virgin Australia-operated services only from Melbourne (MEL) serviced by Virgin Australia.
37. Flights must be booked within 12 months of the issue of the prize certificate. Flights are subject to availability.
38. Flight prizes are non-reroutable, non-transferrable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. There will also be no extension of travel dates permitted. If a winning agent cannot take the flight prize within the validity, this prize will go to the next Eligible Entrant from the participate pool and cannot be reallocated to someone within the same office or given as a client prize.
39. Tickets cannot be upgraded unless specified and are not valid to earn Velocity Points or Status Credits.
40. Prize certificates or tickets may not be sold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original recipient or any subsequent bearer. If a prize certificate or ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, it will be cancelled at Virgin Australia’s sole discretion.
41. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
42. Costs associated with accepting the Prizes, including ticket taxes, remain an Entrant’s responsibility.
43. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
44. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
45. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
46. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
47. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
48. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
49. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
50. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
(a) The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
(b) The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
51. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
52. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
53. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
54. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant, and their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
55. Entrants, and the winner will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
56. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
57. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
58. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
59. The Promoter, its agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
60. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
61. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
62. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
63. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
64. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
65. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
66. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
69. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.