1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over, who: (1) are employed as a travel agent at a travel agency office located in Australia, (2) have a valid individual work email address (generic agency or shared email addresses are not valid), and (3) use a GDS to make bookings (excluding corporate or wholesale consultants, online travel agents, online corporate booking tools, or group bookings as set out in clause 4) (Entrants). For the avoidance of doubt, if a travel agency of employment is an international agency with various offices and/or headquarters outside of Australia, only those employees of the agency who are physically in Australia and are employed in one (1) of the agency’s Australian offices will be eligible.
3. The following parties are not eligible for entry in the Promotion:
(a) directors and the management of travel agencies including operation managers, Travel Management Company corporate consultants, online travel agents including Webjet, Expedia, Flight Centre Online, Jetabroad, Wotif, Last Minute Australia, Helloworld Online, Travel.com, Edreams, Cheapoair, wholesale consultants, group bookings; and
(b) directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
4. The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
5. The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEST on 15 July 2019 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 14 August 2019 (Promotion Period).
6. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, make an Eligible Booking by:
a) booking and ticketing an Eligible Flight. An Eligible Flight is any new international long-haul fare from an Australian port to Hong Kong operated by Virgin Australia and made on Virgin Australia (795) or 000 ticket stock (including fares that have ongoing travel to London operated by Virgin Atlantic (VS), Hong Kong Airlines (HX) to China, Japan, Thailand and the Philippines, or All Nippon Airways (NH) to Japan) for travel anytime (Travel Period); and
b) being an existing Velocity Frequent Flyer member or signing up to the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program, by accessing the link here.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, a flight booking will not be considered an Eligible Flight and will not be an entry into the Promotion where any of the following applies:
(a) the flight booking was made outside of the Promotion Period;
(b) the booking does not have a valid ticket number;
(c) passengers on the booking do not complete their travel, the booking is subsequently cancelled, or the booking has been modified prior to the completion of the Promotion Period;
(d) the booking contains incomplete, invalid, incorrect, cancelled or indecipherable codes.
8. Each Eligible Booking must be unique to an individual travel agent. Agency (including online corporate booking tools and Online Travel Agent bookings) and group bookings are not permitted and will not be considered an Eligible Booking for the purpose of the Promotion.
9. In the event that the Promoter becomes aware of any false bookings for the purposes of this Promotion, the Entrant will be disqualified from the Promotion, and any prizes awarded to the Entrant will be forfeited and must be returned by the Entrant.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
11. There is no limit on the amount of Eligible Bookings that an Entrant may make for the duration of the Promotion Period.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Eligible Bookings and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant(s) who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
14. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
15. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
16. 25 Winners will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s business address, 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006. The winning travel agency's representative must select an Entrant from the winning travel agency to receive the Top Sellers Prixe and the Top Growth Prize. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
17. The Winners will be the selected Entrant of the twenty (20) top selling travel agencies and the five (5) Top Selling Percentage Growth (which is based on the previous year’s sales) travel agencies during the Promotion Period:
(a) The twenty (20) top selling travel agencies, where Entrants are employed (excluding corporate and wholesale consultants, online travel agents, online corporate booking tools, or group bookings as set out in clause 4) of Eligible Bookings, based on highest ticketed revenue, will each be awarded a Top Sellers Prize stated in clause 26.
(b) The five (5) Top Selling Percentage Growth travel agencies, where Entrants are employed (excluding corporate and wholesale consultants, online travel agents, online corporate booking tools, or group bookings as set out in clause 4), will each be awarded a Top Growth Prize stated in clause 28. The percentage growth will be based on the largest growth in selling percentage, compared with the previous year’s sales. If a travel agency has no previous years sales for the Virgin Australia Hong Kong route, the percentage growth will be based on the travel agency's previous month's sales of the Virgin Australia Hong Kong route instead.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, “Ticketed Revenue” means a fare exclusive of ancillaries and fees other than ticket taxes including GST.
19. An Entrant will not be a Winner if their employment with their travel agency ceases after the Entrant has entered the Promotion. If an Entrant changes employer during the Promotion Period, only their Eligible Booking(s) with their employer at the end of the Promotion Period will be considered.
20. Only one Entrant from any one travel agency, travel consortium, independent travel group or travel management company per Australian State or Territory will be selected as a Winner for each Prize.
21. A Winner may only win one Top Sellers Prize, but a Winner may win one Top Growth Prize, even if they have already won one Top Sellers Prize.
22. The Winners may be published on the incentive web page after 12:00pm AEST on 16 September 2019. The Winners will be announced and notified after 12:00pm AEST on 16 September 2019 directly by phone and/or email, where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
23. If a Winner wins the Top Sellers Prize, and is unable to travel on these dates, the Winner will forfeit their Prize, and the Prize will be presented to the next top selling Entrant of Eligible Bookings, based on highest ticketed revenue.
24. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
25. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The. The criteria for judging will be based on the highest sales for eligible fare brands based on the Entry requirements set above.
26. There are 25 Prizes to be won. Prizes consist of 20 x one spot on a Mega Famil to Hong Kong on 17 – 21 November 2019, and 5 x one prize of 200,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
|Top sellers prize||Top growth prize|
|Prize||20 x 1 spot on a Mega Famil to Hong Kong on 17-21 November 2019||5 x 200,000 Velocity Points|
|Sales period||15 July - 14 August 2019||15 July - 14 August 2019|
|Date the winners are determined||Week commencing 26 August 2019||Week commencing 26 August 2019|
|Date the winners are notified||16 September 2019||16 September 2019|
27. Total prize value is $70,000 AUD including GST and taxes. The prizes are not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash. If for any reason the prizes are not redeemed or claimed by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
28. The travel agency’s representative must notify the Promoter as to which employee is entitled to the Top Growth Prize for that travel agency. The Velocity Points will be credited to the Winner’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account within 30 days of 16 September 2019. Please note if the Winner’s Velocity account is linked via family pooling, the Prize Points will be allocated into the Beneficiary Account. Velocity Points can expire due to account inactivity.
29. Use of points is subject to the Velocity Members Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/
30. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com
31. If for any reason, the Winner is unable to attend the Mega Famil at the time stipulated, their Prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
32. Ticket taxes will be required to be paid by the Winner and a possible participation fee to be advised on invitation.
33. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
34. A Winner are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
35. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
36. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
37. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
38. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
39. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
40. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
41. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
42. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
44. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, and their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
45. Entrants, and the Winner will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
46. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
47. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
48. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
49. Velocity Frequent Flyer Points which may be redeemed for goods and services. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this Promotion (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityrewards.com. The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program.
50. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer Rewards Store.
51. The Promoter, its agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
52. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
53. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
54. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
55. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
56. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
57. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
58. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
61. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.