Virgin Australia Hosts Emerald Community Day04/01/2012
Virgin Australia‘s brand new ATR aircraft will touch down in Emerald this Saturday to celebrate the launch of its services on 16 January 2012.
Announced last October, the double-daily week day services from Brisbane will bring competition to the region and provide links to Virgin Australia’s domestic and international services as well as those of partner airlines: Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, Delta Air Lines and Air New Zealand.
Virgin Australia General Manager Regional Operations Don McKillop said everyone was invited to attend Emerald Airport from 9.00am on Saturday to meet the crews; walk through the aircraft and enjoy entertainment on the day.
“We are very proud to be bringing competitive air travel to the people of Emerald. This community day organised with the kind assistance of Central Highlands Regional Council will provide guests with an insight into our friendly service and the flying experience.
“Come down and see us and enjoy the entertainment on the day that includes face-painting; balloons and lollies for children and a free barbeque for all,” Mr McKillop said.
The ATR-72 aircraft is a 68-seater turbo-prop aircraft with a spacious and stylish cabin in keeping with Virgin Australia’s new business model.
In addition to the double-daily week day services from Brisbane to the town of Emerald in the central highlands of Queensland from 16 January 2012, Virgin Australia operates the ATR on:
- Double daily week-day return services between Brisbane and Gladstone
- Daily return services between Brisbane and Port Macquarie
- Double daily services between Sydney and Port Macquarie
- Up to six daily return services between Sydney to Canberra
Information on the Community Day:
- Date and Time: Saturday 7th January 2012, 9.00am – 12.00pm
- Location: Emerald Airport, 6km (4 miles) from town centre on Springsure Road, Emerald
- Activities: Aircraft tours, face-painting and barbeque