Virgin Australia’s Guest Service Agents are responsible for providing highly polished and professional customer service at our Airport terminals. As the first point of contact for our guests, the Guest Services Team works hard to ensure that Virgin Australia’s superior safety and service procedures are maintained. In the fast paced role of a Guest Services Agent you can expect to perform a variety of duties, including:
- Directing our guests as they arrive at the airport
- Correctly checking in guests
- Rebooking flights
- Handling flight disruptions and cancellations
- Boarding gate duties including boarding gate announcements
- Assisting special needs guests
Airports are often affected by operational disruptions that can impact our guests travel plans. You will be required to rely on your genuine desire to help others, solve problems and ensure the best outcome, ultimately resulting in customer satisfaction. It is a responsibility of all Guest Service Agents to ensure standard operating procedures are followed, a safe workplace is maintained and company values, policies and goals are achieved by all.
To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for creating a memorable and quality experience for our guests and meet the minimum requirements, listed below.
Our minimum requirements:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident
- Competency in written and spoken English
- Extensive customer service experience in a premium environment and recent experience in a face-to-face role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- An excellent level of health and fitness in order to deal with the physical constraints of the job
- Availability to work a 24 hour rotating shift roster over 7 days, including weekends and weekdays, public holidays and peak holiday periods such as Christmas, New Year and Easter
- Ability to successfully obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- If applicable, you may be required to relocate to your selected port at your own expense
Our Guest Services opportunities are permanent part-time only, with a minimum guarantee of 22 hours per week or 44 hours per fortnight.