Virgin Australia Wireless In-flight Entertainment
How to connect:
Connect to Virgin Australia Wi-Fi
Open the Virgin Australia Entertain App
With Virgin Australia’s award-winning In-Flight Entertainment, you can enjoy hundreds of hours of movies, TV shows, music, audio and more all on your own device once on board your flight.
In-Flight Entertainment is available on selected domestic and international short-haul flights on equipped Boeing 737 aircraft, using a supported device*. You will need to prepare your device before you fly. Make sure your device is fully charged, consider bringing a battery pack for longer flights, and don’t forget your headphones!
Preparing your device:
For iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices*:
- Download Virgin Australia’s free Entertainment App from the Apple StoreTM or Google Play™ store^.
- Once on board, go to your device settings to switch flight mode on.
- Then activate Wi-Fi and connect to the VirginAustralia wireless network.
- Open the Entertainment App, which will launch your device browser - then you can watch, listen, read and play.
^Minimum requirements: iOS 10.3.3 with app version 3.7.180030, Android 7.1.2 with app version 18.104.22.168.
For Windows laptops with Microsoft Silverlight*:
- Ensure the latest version of Microsoft® Silverlight® and Internet Explorer® is installed.
- Visit our test page at https://va.drmcheck.boardconnect.info to confirm your device is ready for your next flight.
- Once on board, open Internet Explorer and visit www.boardconnect.aero — then you can watch, listen, read and play.
- Please note – the above steps cannot be completed on board the flight and must be completed prior to your flight.
Unsupported devices and software:
Macbook devices Recently Microsoft® has withdrawn support of Silverlight® for MacBook devices. We are working to make system adjustments to restore MacBook compatibility on Wireless IFE as quickly as possible. Please bear with us as we do this work, we will provide notice on this webpage as soon as access is restored.
Windows phones and tablets using the Windows Phone operating system Currently not supported on the Wireless In-flight Entertainment system. Virgin Australia is working to increase the availability of the system on additional devices.
- Check you have enabled WiFi and are connected to VirginAustralia, after switching your device flight mode to on.
- Clicking the Virgin Australia entertain app will automatically open a browser. Alternatively, if you don’t have an app, open your browser and go to www.boardconnect.aero to access a limited collection of video available in the category titled Plan B. All Audio and Read materials are available without an app.
- Make sure you are using a supported internet browser — for your iOS device, use Safari; for notebooks, Internet Explorer 11 and Safari are supported. For Android devices, use Google Chrome. Check you have the correct operating system and app version, the minimum requirements: iOS 10.3.3 with app version 3.7.180030, Android 7.1.2 with app version 22.214.171.124.
- If unable to connect, disable any VPN services, close all apps, turn WiFi off then on and then turn your device off and then on again.
- If none of the above tips allow you to connect, your app may be out of date or else your device may no longer be able to operate this app functionality.
*The aircraft operating your flight may change without notice. In the event of an aircraft change, we are unable to guarantee that your aircraft will be equipped with Wireless In-flight Entertainment. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft, Windows and Silverlight are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.