Virgin Australia has partnered with Allianz Global Assistance to provide you with the Package Protector Plan. This affordable insurance plan, provided on a per person basis, offers Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption coverage up to trip cost (max $10,000), Emergency Medical/Dental benefits ($20,000), Emergency Medical Transportation ($100,000), Baggage coverage ($1,000), Baggage Delay coverage ($200) and Travel Delay ($500) coverage. 24-hour hotline assistance and concierge services are also included. Package Protector does not offer coverage for cancellation due to a personal change of plans.
Please note that changes to your travel plans may require changes to your coverage. If your plans change, please contact Allianz Global Assistance (800)-284-8300 to ensure your coverage is still valid.
Satisfaction Guarantee: Within 10 days of purchasing the plan, Allianz Global Assistance will process a full refund of premium (the amount you paid for insurance) as long as you have not already departed on your trip or filed a claim. No refunds shall be paid to you after 10 days of purchasing the plan.
The following is a brief descriptionof the insurance protection and services provided in this plan. Please refer to the Certificate of Insurance/Policy for coverage information and the limitations, conditions and exclusions that may apply. Be sure to call Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-284-8300 if, after purchasing this insurance, you do not receive the Certificate of Insurance/Policy that contains this vital information or you have any questions regarding coverage. Terms and conditions may vary according to your state of residence.
1. Trip Cancellation/Interruption: Coverage provides financial protection for expenses related to trip cancellation or trip interruption caused by a covered reason. Trip Cancellation coverage provides reimbursement for prepaid, non-refundable expenses, up to the amount of coverage purchased. Trip Interruption coverage offers reimbursement for the unused, non-refundable portion of your trip and increased transportation costs for you to return home due to a covered reason. Some covered reasons are listed below:
2. Emergency Medical & Dental: Coverage provides benefits for emergency medical or dental expenses you incur during the coverage period. Services must be provided by a licensed provider and must take place during your trip. A $50 deductible applies to outpatient care.
3. Emergency Medical Transportation: Pays for emergency medical transportation services, authorized in advance and organized by the Access America Hotline Center, and medically required as a result of an injury or illness which occurs during the coverage period, to have you moved to the nearest appropriate facility. Once you are able, we will also pay to have you returned home.
4. Travel Delay: Offers reimbursement to cover additional accommodation and travel expenses due to a departure delay of at least 6 hours. Covered reasons for travel delay include carrier caused delays (including bad weather) and unannounced strikes. Payments may not exceed $150 per day, per person.
5. Baggage Coverage: Provides benefits for loss, damage or theft of baggage and personal effects provided you have taken all reasonable measures to protect, save and/or recover your property. Coverage is secondary to coverage provided by a common carrier.
6. Baggage Delay: Covers the reasonable additional purchase of essential items if your baggage is delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for 24 hours or more. Receipts for emergency purchases are required.
7. 24-Hour Hotline Assistance is available from anywhere in the world and provided by our in-house, multi-lingual coordinators.
Allianz Travel Insurance plans are underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakwood Terrace, IL), rated “A-“ (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured’s state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: This optional coverage may duplicate coverage already provided by your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy or other source of coverage. This insurance is not required in connection with the insured's purchase of travel tickets. Plan may not be available in all jurisdictions.
California Residents: This plan contains disability insurance benefits or health insurance benefits, or both, that only apply during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that already provides you with these benefits. You should review your existing policies. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer or health plan. We are doing business in California as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency, License # 0B01400.
Florida Residents: The benefits of the Policy providing your coverage are governed primarily by the law of a state other than Florida.
New York Residents: The licensed producer represents the insurer for purposes of the sale. Compensation paid to the producer may depend on the policy selected, or the producer's expenses, volume of business, or profitability. The purchaser may request and obtain information about the producer's compensation, except as otherwise provided by law.
Utah Residents: We are doing business in Utah as Allianz Global Assistance Insurance Agency.
Insurance coverage is underwritten by BCS Insurance Company (OH, Administrative Office: Oakwood Terrace, Ill), rated “A-“ (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under BCS Form No. 52.201 series or 52.401 series, or Jefferson Insurance Company (NY, Administrative Office: Richmond, VA), rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Co., under Jefferson Form No. 101-C series or 101-P series, depending on the insured’s state. Allianz Global Assistance and Allianz Travel Insurance are brands of AGA Service Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of this plan and an affiliate of Jefferson Insurance Company. The insured shall not receive any special benefit or advantage because of the affiliation between AGA Service Company and Jefferson Insurance Company. Terms and conditions may vary according to your state of residence.