Step 1 – Log in to your Velocity account
- Enter your Velocity Membership number and password in the fields provided
Step 2 – Search for flights
- “Expand” the VirginAustralia.com homepage booking box to reveal the full booking panel
- Enter your flight search criteria
- Tick the “Use Points + Pay” tickbox, and click “Find Flights”
Step 3 – Select your flight time and fare type
- Choose your preferred flight time and fare type
Tip: Fare inclusions and rules can be viewed and compared by hovering over the fare types titles, i.e. Saver Lite (v).
Step 4 – Enter guest details and travel preferences
- Enter your personal and contact (and if necessary documentation) details in the fields provided
- Add applicable travel preferences
Step 5 – Add Travel Extras
- To Carbon Offset click “Add”
- To add Additional Baggage click “Add”, select guest(s) who require additional bags, and the number of additional checked bags required. Note: Additional baggage is only offered for selected fares
Tip: Baggage allowances are only included for selected fares and Velocity Members. To check your baggage inclusions, click the Fare Type and Velocity Tier links provided.
Step 6 – Select your seat
- Click on the applicable flight (+) for seat selection, and select the guest’s name
- Click on the guest’s preferred seat on the seat map provided
- Click “Continue to Payment”
Tip: Refer to the seat key to understand seat availability.
Step 7 – Redeem Points and confirm payment
- To pay using a mix of Points + Pay, slide the slider to indicate how many points and how much cash you would like to use
- Click ‘Apply’ to confirm desired points and pay level
- If you opted to pay using cash, select your preferred credit card, and enter your details in the fields provided
- Click “Continue” to purchase your flight(s) and extras
Tip: Consult the booking summary, displayed on the right-hand side of your screen, to view your booking details and costs.
Your itinerary and e-Ticket has been sent to your nominated email address
- You will receive a reminder email prior to your flight date
- If you need to alter your booking (with the exclusion of reward fares) you can do so online via conditions of carriage . Reward seat bookings can only be altered by contacting the Membership Contact Centre.
- Guests flying on our domestic network can conveniently check in online via the web or by a web-enabled mobile device
Enjoy your flight!