Virgin Australia Cabin Crew are responsible for providing a highly polished and professional service to ensure the highest levels of on board safety and care for our guests. The role of Cabin Crew is diverse and includes duties such as conducting safety briefings on board, assisting our special needs guests, administering first aid, preparing and delivering food and beverage services and providing exceptional customer service to ensure we exceed our guests' expectations on board our aircraft.
The nature of the aviation industry means that Cabin Crew can be affected by factors outside of their control. Candidates therefore need to be adaptable, resilient and able to work under pressure. We are looking for professionals who have the ability to deliver Virgin Australia's award winning service.
To be successful in your application, you must be able to demonstrate a genuine passion and enthusiasm for creating a memorable and quality experience for our guests and meet the minimum requirements, listed below.
Our minimum requirements:
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident;
- You must have previous customer service experience;
- You must have a valid passport ensuring unrestricted access to all Virgin Australia ports of call. If successful, your passport needs to have at least 18 months validity before commencing on a Training School
- You must be able to demonstrate a competent level of English, both written and spoken;
- You must have an Australian Apply/Provide First Aid Certificate for Australian Cabin Crew opportunities, or Comprehensive First Aid Certificate for New Zealand based opportunities. If successful, this must have a minimum of 12 months' validity before commencing on a Training School.
- You must have Australian Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate. If successful, this must have a minimum of 6 months’ validity before commencing on a Training School.
- You must be able to commit to a full time role working a varying 24x7 roster to meet our operational requirements;
- You must be able to get to the airport and sign on for duty within 2 hours when on call from home;
- You must be able to reach 180cm on flat feet;
- You must not be taller than 187cm;
- You must be eligible to obtain an Australian Security Identification Card (ASIC);
- You must be able to swim 50 metres and tread water for three minutes, clothed and unaided; and
- You must be prepared to adhere to strict grooming standards.
Our Cabin Crew opportunities are full time only.