Win a family Adventure- Conditions of Entry
Win a family adventure to Anaheim’s best theme parks! (“Competition”)
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over (“Entrants”). The Promoter is ZUJI Pty Ltd ABN 18 096 920 866, (trading as Virgin Australia Holidays) of Level 4, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia), their related bodies corporate and agencies associated with this promotion are not eligible to enter this Competition. Immediate family includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Competition commences 12:01am AEDT on Monday 9 March 2015 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on Sunday 5 April 2015(“Competition Period”).
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must submit a completed Competition entry form:
a. registering their details including (but not limited to) first name, last name, closest airport,
postcode and email address; and
b. subscribing to receive the Virgin Australia Holidays e-newsletter; and
c. answering the question ‘in 25 words or less, tell us how you’d enjoy an Anaheim Adventure with your family, thanks to Virgin Australia.
6. Entry form must be submitted via the https://travel.virginaustralia.com/au/competitions/win-family-adventure-... within the Competition Period.
7. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period.
8. The prize is for two adults, and two children 18 years or younger. Children must be travelling with a parent or legal guardian. If parents or legal guardians are unable to travel, they may apply to the promoter for another family member to travel in their place. Each case will be individually assessed and the final decision will be at the discretion of the promoter. Proof of relationship to family will be required.
9. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
10. Costs associated with entering the Competition remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
11. The winner may be announced on the Virgin Australia Holidays website at https://travel.virginaustralia.com/au/competitions/win-family-adventure-... after 10:00am AEST on Monday 27 April 2015. The winner will be notified after 09:00am AEST on Monday 27 April 2015 directly by email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email and address. The winning entry may be published on the Facebook page of the Promoter and/or Virgin Australia and via the Twitter account of the Promoter and/or Virgin Australia.
12. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
13. One winner will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s address, being Level 4, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000.If the winner cannot be contacted by midnight AEST on Monday 25 May 2015, the Promoter will select the next best entry as the winner. The redrawn winner will be notified by email after 09:00am AEST on Tuesday 26 May 2015.
14. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
15. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
16. There is one prize to be won. The prize consists of:
a. four return economy saver fares from Sydney or Brisbane to Los Angeles flying Virgin Australia (flights must be redeemed by 30 June 2015 and used before 1 April 2016) (valued at up to $6033AUD);
b. two return economy tickets from the winner’s nearest Virgin Australia port to Sydney or Brisbane flying Virgin Australia(valued at up to $690AUD); and
c. eight nights’ accommodation for four people at the Hotel Menage (valued at $1320AUD); and
d. four admission passes to Knott’s Berry Farm (valued at $330AUD); and
e. four three day hopper admission passes to Disneyland Resorts (valued at $1390AUD); and
f. four admission passes to SeaWorld (valued $437AUD); and
g. Return transfers for four people to SeaWorld with Lux Bus America (valued at $365AUD); and
h. Four admission passes on the Hollywood Highlights & Beaches Tour with Lux bus America (valued at $292)
i. airport transfers for four people with Karmel Shuttle (valued at $264AUD); and
j. Anaheim Resort Transportation passes for four people, valid for five days (valued at $61AUD).
17. The winner may extend their stay at the winner’s cost by contacting the Promoter.
18. Average total prize value is over $10,000AUD (including GST). The prize is not exchangeable, transferrable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage and the following fees, terms and conditions:
a. Tickets are valid on Virgin Australia operated flights only and not code share services.
b. Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed).
c. Blackout periods apply during school holidays (i.e. you cannot take these flights during school holidays nationwide) and flights are subject to availability.
d. Redemption of flights must be made at least 14 days prior to travel.
e. Changes to flight details once booked will incur a $50 change fee per guest per change, at the cost of prize winner
f. Virgin Australia’s normal terms and conditions of carriage apply.
g. Tickets are for 4 passengers to travel together on the same booking.
h. Passengers who do not notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight will forfeit the prize tickets.
20. Hotel prize requires advance reservations (at least 4 weeks) and must be claimed by 01 April 2016. Bookings are subject to space availability and space may not be valid during Conventions, Holidays and Peak Season. Some Blackout dates will apply. No cash value, validity year may not be extended. Original prize letter will be collected at check in.
21. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
22. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
23. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
24. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
25. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
26. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities. The winner agrees to provide the Promoter with content from their trip to Anaheim (including photographs, film and/or recording), to be determined and agreed between the Promoter and the winner.
27. As a condition of entering this competition, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
28. As a condition of entering this Competition, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Competition (“Works”). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
30. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s name, likeness, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to request that winners provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this
clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition.
33. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
34. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
35. The Promoter, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a winner’s trip).
36. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
37. The Promoter, Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
38. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
39. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
42. By entering the Competition, each Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Entrant, including sending the Entrant commercial electronic messages. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter does not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.
43. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.