Weibo Competition Conditions of Entry
Competition Terms and Conditions
Game of Skill
Virgin Australia Weibo Competition Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter this Competition, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
- Entry is open to all Australian residents who enter the competition (Entrants). Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Conditions of Entry. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this Competition
- The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Competition.
- The Competition commences on December 12th 2019 and ends at 05:00pm AEST on November 26th 2019 (Competition Period).
- To enter the Competition, entrants must Follow @Virgin Australia official Weibo and leave a comment stating “why you want to visit the Virgin Australia lounge” and @ two Weibo friends. The follower whose comment get the most "likes" will be given a free Virgin Australia lounge pass.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
- If you enter the Competition but no longer wish to participate, please email Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Competition.
- The winning entry will be featured on the Virgin Australia social media accounts in Virgin Australia’s inflight magazine ‘voyager’ at its discretion. Entrants acknowledge and agree that entries submitted for this Competition are subject to section F of these conditions.
- Costs associated with entering the Competition remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
- Entry and continued participation in the Competition is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Weibo rules, which can be found at https://www.weibo.com/signup/v5/protocol. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Weibo. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Conditions of Entry. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Weibo. Weibo will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury, which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Competition (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
C. Selecting Winners
- The judging and draw will be conducted on Friday 20 December 2019 at Bastion S&GO Pty Ltd 14-18- Cremorne Street, Richmond, Victoria 3121. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant.
- The winner (a Winner) will be notified in writing via Weibo message by VA within two (2) business days of the draw. From there further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email and address. The winners name/s will also be published on Virgin Australia’s Weibo account after 05:00pm AEST on Thursday 26 December.
- Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
- There is 1 prize to be won. The prize is one single entry Virgin Australia domestic lounge pass.
- Average total prize value is approximately AUD $60 (including GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The prize is subject to the Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions and Lounge Rules, located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/information/domestic-and-short-haul-international/lounge-terms-and-conditions/ and www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/information/domestic-and-short-haul-international/virgin-australia-lounge-rules/, as amended from time to time. If the prize includes a product or service provided by a third party, the prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should contact the third party for more information. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
- The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If the Winner of is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the Winner's nominated parent or guardian on the Winner’s behalf.
- If for any reason the Winner does not redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
F. Intellectual Property
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Competition including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original artistic and/or literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this Competition, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Competition (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Such use may include social media channels, publications including our inflight magazine and television commercials. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
- The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in Competitional activity after the Competition has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, or any other party in regards to any connection with participating in the Competition or the receipt or use of any prize.
- Entrants and the Winner will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
- Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Competition or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
- The other party must ensure that all Competitional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Competition sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
- The Promoter, it’s agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Competition and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.