Step 1 – Navigate to our Online Check-in portal
- Visit check-in.virginaustralia.com on your desktop, tablet or mobile device
Step 2 – Retrieve your booking via Booking Reference
- Enter your Booking Reference or e-ticket number, last name and departing location; or retrieve your booking with your Velocity log in
Step 3 – Retrieve your booking via your Velocity log in
- Either select “Login” in the top right, or the “Retrieve as a Velocity member” link and enter your Velocity member number and password
- If you have multiple bookings available for check in, select the one you would like to check in for
Step 4 – Identify guest(s) to check in
- By default, all guests included in the booking will be pre-selected for check in
- If you do not wish to check in one or more guests from your booking, you may remove them prior to continuing
- Select “Save” or “Cancel” to return to the overview screen
Steps 6 - 8 apply to Domestic Only
Step 6 – Nominate checked baggage or purchase additional checked baggage (optional)
- Select the red "Checked bags" text to nominate the number of bags you are travelling with, and to purchase additional baggage
- Select a guest for whom you wish to nominate checked baggage
- Use the plus and minus buttons to indicate how many bags each guest will be travelling with
- If you are also checking in for your return flight, change your journey to nominate baggage for this flight too.
- Select “Save” or “Cancel” to navigate back to the overview screen
Step 7 – Select seats and/or purchase Space+ Seats (optional)
- Desktops/Large tablets: Select the guest you wish to choose a seat for. Once they are highlighted in red on the left hand menu, select the desired seat from the seat map. Select “Save” to save and return
- Small tablets/Mobile: Select a guest then choose a seat from the seat map.
- If you have booked more than one flight, you can also choose to select seats for these here.
- Select "Save" or "Cancel" to navigate back to the overview screen.
Step 8 – Pay for your travel extras
- If you wish to edit the extras that you have added to the booking, you may do so now by selecting “Edit items”. You can now add to, or remove, from your extras
- Once you are satisfied with your chosen extras, enter your preferred card and billing details, then select “Pay now”
Step 9 - Provide travel information (International check-in only)
- Add passport and extra travel information to check-in for international flights. It is important this information is correct at the time of check-in as it can not be amended online. If you are having difficulties using the online check-in please use the Airport check-in.
- For flights to or transiting through the United States you are required to provide details of your first night's accommodation
Step 10 – Declare dangerous goods
- Review the information and graphics provided
- Declare dangerous goods by selecting either, “Yes I am” or “No I’m not"
- If you are travelling with dangerous goods, you will be asked to proceed to the airport to complete check in
Step 11 – Confirm check-in and send boarding passes
For domestic flights:
- Choose to receive your boarding pass via SMS, Email, Passbook (where applicable), or print
- If you have opted to receive your boarding pass via SMS or Email, enter the mobile number or email address in the field provided
- To print boarding passes for all guests, select “Print all boarding passes”
Please note: If SMS is nominated each boarding pass must be sent to a unique mobile number
For international flights:
- If check-in is successful a confirmation page will display
- For guests departing New Zealand ports a mobile boarding pass will be displayed
- For all other flights the boarding pass can be sent via email or printed from the confirmation page
Step 13: At the Airport
- Travelling with checked bags? Please proceed to bag drop or an online check-in counter where available.
- No checked bags? Head straight to the boarding gate with your boarding pass. Remember, carry-on baggage limits of up to 7kgs apply. If you are travelling on an international flight, you will be required to present your passport and other travel documentation to a Virgin Australia team member at check-in before proceeding to the boarding gate.
- Guests who have checked in online are required to present at Check-in and have their travel documents validated via the Check-in kiosks or a Virgin Australia team member prior to proceeding to Security.
Note: Online Check-in is available between 48 hours and 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for domestic flights, or between 24 hours and 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure for international flights.
Some flights may be unavailable for online check-in.