1. Information on how to enter this Competition, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to all Virgin Australia guests who are Australian residents ages 18 years and older and are eligible to access the Virgin Australia Lounge including:
(i) Virgin Australia Lounge members;
(ii) Velocity Platinum or Gold members;
(iii) Business and Business Class guests travelling on Virgin Australia domestic flights; and
(iv) guests of the Virgin Australia Lounge (Entrants).
3. The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006. The prize supplier is Queensland Ballet (ABN26 009 717 079
4. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
5. The Competition commences at 9.00am AEST on Tuesday 18 April 2017 and closes at 5.00 pm AEST on Sunday 7th May 2017 (“the Competition Period”). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Brisbane time.
6. To enter the Competition an Entrant must, during the Competition Period:
(i) enter by submitting a business card (including all required personal details (including full name, phone number, postal address and email address)at the Brisbane Virgin Australia Lounge entry box;
(ii) agree to be available on the selected prize dates; and
(iii) agree to the full terms and conditions (displayed at the entry box in the Brisbane Virgin Australia Lounge).
C. Drawing Winners
7. The draw will be conducted on 29 April 2017 and 8 May 2017 at 12pm at of the Virgin Domestic Lounge in Brisbane draw].
8. The winners (a Winner) may be announced on by telephone, or email, after 1.00/pm AEST on Saturday 29th April The Winner will be notified after 1.00pm AEST on Saturday 29th April directly by their email or phone, where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. The winner for the 10 and 11 May performances will be notified by 10AM on 8th May directly by their email or phone.
9. The name and state of a Winner will be published in the Virgin Vibe, Voyeur, Velocity E-news or Queensland Ballet e-news
10. If the prize is not claimed within a day of notice, , a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted 1 May at 0900 a at Virgin Brisbane Domestic Lounge of draw] for the Opening Night and on 8th May for the performances on 10th and 11th May
11. A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone on the same day of the draw, and in writing within an hour of the draw of draw. The name and address of the re-draw Winner will be published in Virgin Vibe, Voyeur, Velocity E-news or Queensland Ballet e-news]
12. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
13. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
14. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
11. There are 2 prizes to be won. The prized consists of:
(i) 1 x double pass tickets to Opening Night of Swan Lake (5 May 7:30pm) including VIP hospitality pre, interval and post-show function ) ; and
(ii) 1 x double pass tickets to an in-season performance on 10 May 6:30pm or 11 May 7:30pm
12. Average total prize value is $1,000.00 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
13. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
E. Contacting the Entrant
14. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
15. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
16. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
19. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
20. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
21. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
22. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
23. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
24. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
27. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.