1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Entrants). The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006. The Walt Disney Company, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“Disney”) are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Now Boarding competition.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 09:00 am AEST on 26th May 2019 and ends at 5:00 pm AEST on 24th June 2019 (Promotion Period).
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, within the Promotion Period:
a) Visit www.virginaustralia.com/galaxysedgenowboarding or signing up via the Facebook lead generation form;
b) Register their details including (but not limited to) first name, last name, closest airport and email address;
c) Select yes to subscribe to receive promotional Virgin Australia emails ‘V-mail Sale, V-mail Specials, V-mail Happy Hour and V-mail Promotions’ and Virgin Australia Holidays ‘V-mail Holidays’ emails;
d) Describe in 25 words or less why they want to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge; and
e) Agree to these Promotion Conditions of Entry.
6. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. The winning entry will be featured on the Virgin Australia social media accounts in Virgin Australia’s inflight magazine at its discretion. Entrants acknowledge and agree that entries submitted for this Promotion are subject to section F of these conditions.
10. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
11. One Winner will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s business address, 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner (a Winner) may be announced on www.virginaustralia.com/galaxysedgenowboarding and by email after 12:00pm AEST on 27th June 2019. The Winner will be notified after 12:00pm AEST on 27th June 2019 directly by email where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. A winning entry may be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, and via the Promoter’s Twitter account.
13. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
14. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
15. There is one prize to be won. The prize consists of:
a) Two (2) Virgin Australia return economy flights departing the Winner’s nearest domestic capital city airport to Los Angeles (LAX);
b) Four (4) nights’ twin share accommodation at one of the hotels of the Disneyland Resorts in California. Accommodation is subject to availability at the time of facilitating the Winner’s booking and blackout dates apply.
c) Two (2) 5-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Tickets; and
d) Two (2) No. 1 Lounges single passes.
16. Average total prize value is $7,810 AUD (including GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at www.virginaustralia.com.
18. Redemption booking conditions will be supplied to the Winner.
19. If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
20. The Prize Flights will not earn Velocity points.
21. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should contact the third party for more information.
22. Accommodation at Disneyland Resort California is subject to availability (and any blackout dates) at the time of facilitating the Winner’s booking. Travel period between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020. The Winner acknowledges that attendance at Disneyland Resort California may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Disney does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for the breach of those terms and conditions by any person. The Winner also acknowledges that access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Park is subject to capacity restrictions. Disney does not accept any responsibility and is not liable in the event that the Winner is not permitted access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
23. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
24. A Winner are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
25. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
26. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on the Entrant following and acting in accordance with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php). This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. The Entrant releases Facebook and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury, which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Entrant releases Facebook and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
27. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry. The prize is not transferrable to another person.
E. Contacting the Entrant
28. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
29. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
30. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
31. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
32. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Such use may include social media channels, publications including our inflight magazine and television commercials. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
33. By entering you grant the Promoter an irrevocable perpetual worldwide license to use the photo submitted in any media for any purpose without further reference to you or any fee for such use.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
35. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Winner, an Entrant, their employer and/or The Walt Disney Company in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
36. Entrants, the Winner and/or another party will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
37. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
38. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
39. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
40. The Promoter, it’s agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
41. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
42. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
43. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
44. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
45. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
46. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
47. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
50. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.