1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older (“Entrants”). The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Competition.
4. The Competition commences at 12:01 am Queensland time on 8 March 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm Queensland time on 21 March 2016 (“Competition Period”).
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must :
(a). during the Competition Period, make a booking for hotel accommodation via one of the following websites:
i. the Virgin Australia / Agoda co-branded hotel booking website: www.agoda.com/en-au/virginaustralia?cid=1648014
ii. Virgin Australia direct website www.virginaustralia.com when booking a hotel in conjunction with a Virgin Australia flight booking
(b). Check in and complete their stay between 8 March and 22 April 2016 (inclusive).
6. The draw will be conducted on 18 April 2016 at 12pm AEST at Anisimoff Legal,
Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250.
7. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
9. Costs associated with entering the Competition remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
10. The winners may be contacted via telephone and email after 12:00pm AEST on 20 April 2016, where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
11. The name and state of the winners will be published online at www.agoda.com/en-au/virginaustralia?cid=1648014 by 26 April 2016.
12. If a prize is not claimed within 3 months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If
required, the redraw will be conducted on 24 May 2016 at 12 pm at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250.
13. The redrawn winners will be notified by phone within 1 day of the draw, and in writing within 2 days of draw. The name and address of the re-draw winner(s) will be published online at www.agoda.com/en-au/virginaustralia?cid=1648014 on 30 May 2016.
14. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
15. There are 50 prizes to be won. Each prize consists of a $100 Virgin Australia gift voucher.
16. Individual prize value is $100 AUD per prize, total of $5,000 AUD. The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
17. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination they travel to using the Virgin Australia Gift Voucher. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
18. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances
20. Travel on Virgin Australia flights is subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage, which are available at http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-us/legal-policies/conditions-of-carriage/ and are subject to change. Bookings are subject to the Fare Rules applicable to your fare and are available here: http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/plan/fare-types/ .
21. The Virgin Australia Gift Voucher cannot be used to book:
(a). codeshare flights that are not sold on the Virgin Australia website;
(b). flights that include Velocity Frequent Flyer Points as a method of payment, including Reward Seat, Any Seat or Any Seat, Any Airline bookings; or
(c). flights where insurance has been selected as part of the booking.
22. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
23. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
24. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
25. By accepting the prize, winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
26. As a condition of entering this competition, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
(a). The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
(b). The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
27. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to request that winners provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition.
30. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
31. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
32. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a winner’s trip).
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
35. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
36. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
39. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/16/01478 and ACT Permit Number: ACT TP 16/00373