Congratulations to Thomas Guthrie from Victoria for winning Virgin Australia and Thrifty's October competition, to win a VIP experience at the V8 Supercars Sydney NRMA 500 event!
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or older (“Entrants”). The Promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ACN 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 (the “Promoter”) authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/14/06807, ACT Permit No. TP 14/03038.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, the Promoter’s related bodies corporate, the Promoter’s participating partners and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The competition commences at 00:01am AEDST on the 1st of October, 2014 and ends at 23:59 AEDST on the 31st of October, 2014 (Competition Period).
5. To enter the competition, Entrants must:
a. between AEDST 1st of October, 2014 and 23:59 AEDST 31st of October, 2014, book car hire with Thrifty via the following channels:
i. the Virgin Australia / Cartrawler co-branded car hire booking website:
the Virgin Australia / Cartrawler co-branded car hire booking website: cartrawler.virginaustralia.com/; or
ii. Virgin Australia direct website: virginaustralia.com.au when booking Thrifty car hire in conjunction with an online Virgin Australia flight booking; or
iii. any Thrifty counter in Australia on presentation of a Virgin Australia boarding pass for same day travel; and
b. Pick up their hire car between 1 October, 2014 and 31 October, 2014.
6. Entry is automatic. Should an Eligible Person not wish to be automatically entered into this Promotion, they can contact the Promoter at PartnerAncillaries@virginaustralia.com.
7. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period.
8. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accept no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
9. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
10. By entering the competition, each Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Entrant, including sending the Entrant commercial electronic messages. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter do not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.
11. The winner of the competition will be drawn by random electronic selection at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 3, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250, on Thursday 6th of November, 2014 at 10:00am, AEDST (“Draw Date”).
12. The winner will be notified via telephone and in writing, within two (2) days of the Draw Date, and their details published online at www.virginaustralia.com/thrifty.
13. There is one (1) prize to be won, which includes a V8 experience for two (2) people (the Winner and their Companion). The prize elements will be provided to the winner via postal and electronic mail within ten (10) days of the Draw Date. The prize consists of:
• 2 x 3-day General Admission to the V8 Supercars Sydney NRMA 500 event, to be held in Sydney from 5 December to 7 December 2014 (Prize Period) for the Winner and their Companion;
• 1 x ‘Hot-Lap’ in a V8 Supercar around the Event track with exact time and date to be advised by the Promoter for the Winner;
• 2 x Course Car ride around the Event track with exact time and date to be advised by the Promoter for the Winner and their Companion;
• 2 x V8 Supercars Paddock access tickets for the Winner and their Companion;
• $500 spending money (prepaid debit card) for the Winner;
• 5 days Thrifty car hire (Thursday – Monday) for the Winner and their Companion;
• Return flights for the Winner and their Companion; to Sydney from the Winner’s nearest airport serviced by Virgin Australia within Australia such flights to be arranged with Virgin Australia’s Prize-winners’ Department; and
• $1000 x Agoda/Virgin Australia accommodation voucher for the Winner and their Companion.
If the Winner is unable to travel within the Prize Period, the prize will be re-allocated by the Promoter.
14. Average total prize value is up to $3725 AUD (excluding GST). The prize or any unused portion of the prize is not transferrable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. The Winner must notify the Promoter within two (2) days of being awarded as a Winner, the name of their Companion and their nearest Virgin Australia serviced airport within Australia.
17. The Winner and their Companion must depart from and return to the same airport serviced by Virgin Australia and travel at the same time together.
18. To book accommodation and redeem their voucher with Agoda/Virgin Australia, the winner must contact Rocco Bevinetto during office hours on (02) 8257 4517, to process a booking on the winner’s behalf.
19. If the prize remains unclaimed ten (10) days after the Draw Date, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw on Tuesday the 18th of November, 2014 at 10:00am AEDST by random electronic selection at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 3, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250. The winner will be notified via telephone, within two (2) days of the unclaimed prize draw date, and their details published online at www.virginaustralia.com/thrifty.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request Winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
21. If for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
22. If for any reason, the Winner and/or their Companion do not, once the flights, accommodation and event tickets have been booked, take the flight at the time stipulated, then their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash. Once travel itinerary including flights, accommodation and event tickets have been issued, no changes to the itinerary or name changes will be allowed.
23. It is the Winner and their Companion’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner and their Companion.
24. The Winner and their Companion are responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
25. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
26. Prizes will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
27. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
28. By accepting the prize, the Winner and their Companion agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The Winner and their Companion will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
29. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner and their Companion, the Winner and their Companion hereby permit the Winner and their Companion’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during their participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner and their Companion will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries and to disqualify any Entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the Entry process, who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s Entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this competition.
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in their absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
32. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
33. The Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in this competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
35. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
36. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
37. If this promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated or interfered with in any way due to any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to, subject to the relevant Authorities which grant the Licence, to cancel, terminate modify or suspend the promotion, where the Promoter deems appropriate; or disqualify any entrant.
39. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.