Step 1 – Search for flights
- Enter your flight search criteria on the Virgin Australia website, and click Find Flights.
Note: Hold This Price is only available for selected domestic flights. You cannot put a booking on hold if your selected flight departs within 14 days or if your booking criteria includes a promotional code.
Step 2 – Select your flight time and fare type
- Choose your preferred flight time and fare type.
Note: Only selected Saver, Flexi and Business class fares are eligible to be put on hold with Hold This Price.
Step 3 – Enter guest details and travel preferences.
- Enter your personal and contact details in the fields provided.
- Add applicable travel preferences.
Step 4 – Choose the Hold This Price option
- A Hold This Price button will appear adjacent to the Continue button on the Passenger Details page if the booking is eligible.
- If the Hold This Price button is selected, a popup will appear outlining the length of the hold period and the fee payable for putting the booking on hold.
- Select the desired hold option and click Continue.
Step 5 – Make payment
- Select the Hold This Price payment option; the hold fee will be displayed below.
- Choose your preferred method of payment (Credit Card or Gift Voucher).
- Enter your details in the fields provided.
- Click Continue to pay the hold fee and place the booking on hold.
- If you have selected the hold option on the Payment page, a popup will appear advising you that Travel Extras cannot be selected while a booking is on hold, and that any pre-selected Travel Extras will be removed from your shopping basket. Select Continue to acknowledge and agree.
- A confirmation page will display with your held booking details, outlining how much time you have to confirm your booking (the ‘hold period’). To confirm your booking, select Purchase Now.
- You will receive an itinerary with your confirmation number, flight details, a receipt for any fees paid and a link to the Manage Booking page to confirm and complete your booking as required.
Step 6 – Retrieve booking
- You can purchase your held booking within the hold period via My Bookings, located on the virginaustralia.com homepage.
- Enter your details in the field provided and click Manage.
Step 7 – Purchase booking
- You will be presented with the option to purchase your held booking; select Purchase.
- Navigate through Passenger Details, Travel Extras and Seat Selection, entering required details and selections.
- On the Payment page, a note will appear in the payment details section, which will advise you of the amount you are required to pay to confirm your booking.
- Select your preferred form of payment, enter your details and select Complete Payment.
- Your booking is now confirmed.