Certain situations may limit your ability to use Online Check-in. The following are scenarios that would restrict you from using Online Check-in, and instead require you to check in at the Virgin Australia check-in counter.
You may not be able to Online Check-in if:
- Your domestic flight’s departure is more than 48 hours away, or if your flight departs in less than 40 minutes.
- Your international flight’s departure is more than 24 hours away, or if your flight departs in less than 90 minutes.
- One of your connecting flights departs more than 24 hours in the future.
- Your flight departs Port Moresby or Nadi
- There is an outstanding balance (credit or debit) on your booking. If there is sufficient time, you may be able to resolve this by calling the Guest Contact Centre and then completing Online Check-in.
- If you answer yes to the dangerous goods question during Online Check-in.
- The first flight of the booking is operated by another airline, including services operated by our codeshare partners.
- Your flight has been changed or cancelled.
- All the seats in your cabin class have been allocated. Please call our Guest Contact Centre or check in at the Virgin Australia check-in counter.
If any of the above apply to you, please call our Guest Contact Centre, or check in at the airport via the Virgin Australia check-in counter.