1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to North American travel agents employed by or independent contractors of Tzell Travel Group LLC, Protravel International Inc, Altour, Frosch International Travel Inc, Ovation Travel Group Inc, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, Corporate Travel Management, The Travel Store, Travel Edge (USA) Inc, and Christopherson-Andavo Travel LLC. The Promoters are Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (ABN 36 090 670 965) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006 and Delta Air Lines, Inc at 1030 Delta Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia 30320.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 9:00 am PST on 22 March 2019 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on May 31, 2019 (Promotion Period).
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must sell a Delta Air Lines (006) or Virgin Australia (795) International Long Haul flight between North America and Australia and Beyond, in any class, as often as possible through the Global Distribution System (GDS) during the Promotion Period by entering the below OSI details at the time of PNR creation (Each sector provides one entry so round trip flights count as two entries):
If ticketed on Delta (DL 006):
a. Sabre: 3OSI DL BIGGIVE DL/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
b. Galileo: SI.DL*BIGGIVE DL/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
c. Amadeus: OS DL BIGGIVE DL/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
d. Apollo: ¤:3OSI DL BIGGIVE DL/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
e. Worldspan: 3SSROTHSDL *BIGGIVE DL/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
If ticketed on Virgin Australia (VA 795):
a. Sabre: 3OSI VA BIGGIVE VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
b. Galileo: SI.VA*BIGGIVE VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
c. Amadeus: OS VA BIGGIVE VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
d. Apollo: ¤:3OSI VA BIGGIVE VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
e. Worldspan: 3SSROTHSVA *BIGGIVE VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
Note: When entering your work email address in the OSI field use // instead of @. If you have an underscore (_) in your email address, replace _ with –
OSI entry must be entered at the time of PNR creation, or immediately after PNR creation if using third party to book, to be eligible.
Beyond means destinations outside of Australia in which Virgin Australia operates International Short Haul flights to including New Zealand, Cook Islands, Fiji, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga & Vanuatu.
6. There is no limit for the number of entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Awarding Winners
10. The awards will be announced on 14 June 2019 via email announcement.
11. The winner or winners (a Winner) may be announced via email on 14 June 2019. At that time, the Winner(s) will be notified directly by a Virgin Australia and/or Delta representative where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address.
12. If the prize is not claimed via email within 72 hours of the announcement, a new winner will be awarded. If required, the new winner will be announced on 21 June 2019.
13. A newly awarded Winner(s) will be notified via email on 21 June 2019. The name of the Winner(s) may be published in a Virgin Australia email blast in partnership with Destination NSW.
14. The name and state of a Winner(s) may be published in a Virgin Australia email blast.
15. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
17. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
18. There are ten (10) prizes to be won. The prize pool consists of ten (10) Premium seats on Virgin Australia and ten (10) Premium Economy seats on Delta Air Lines on a one week familiarization to NSW. A welcome and farewell dinner will be sponsored by Virgin Australia and Delta. Familiarization land inclusion will be provided by Destination New South Wales, and will include all accommodations, on ground transportation, and most meals and activities. The prize cannot be redeemed on any other flight.
19. Average prize value is $9,000 AUD (excluding GST) for a total prize pool value of $90,000 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. If the prize involves travel to any destination:
a. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
b. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
21. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
22. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
23. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
24. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
25. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
26. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
27. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
28. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
30. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner, an Entrant, and/or their employer in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
31. Entrants and/or the winner will not be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
32. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
33. The Promoter not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
34. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
35. The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
37. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
38. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
39. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
40. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.