Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Limited (ABN 36 090 670 965) of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, QLD 4006 (Promoter)
Eligibility and Incentive Period
3. Entry in to this Incentive is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are employed as a travel agent at a travel agency office located in Australia, have a valid individual work email address (generic agency or shared email addresses are not valid) and use a GDS to make bookings (excluding bookings made by either corporate or retail online booking tools) and are a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program. For the avoidance of doubt, if a travel agency of employment is an international agency with various offices and/or headquarters outside of Australia, only those employees of the agency who are physically in Australia and are employed in one (1) of the agency’s Australian offices will be eligible and; must be employed as a Travel Consultant at the same travel agency at which they were working when they entered this promotion (for the avoidance of doubt if a Prize winner ceases employment with their travel agency between the date they entered the promotion and the date the Prize is drawn, they will be ineligible to win and the Promoter reserves the right to select a replacement winner); Participation is not open to the directors and the management of travel agencies, or online travel agents. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to participate. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin. Persons who meet the above criteria (“Eligible Agent”) are eligible to enter in to the Incentive by registering as set out below
4. The Incentive will be conducted from 15 February 2017 to 11.59pm AEST (GMT+10 hours) 02 April 2017 (Incentive Period) unless otherwise indicated by the Promoter. Booking period 15 February – 02 April 2017. Travel period 15 February – 12 April 2017.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, eligible agents must sell and ticket an ‘Eligible Flight’ during the Incentive Period and enter the following OSI entries in their employer’s applicable booking system at same time of PNR creation;
Sabre: 3OSI VA VAIN VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
Galileo: SI.VA*VAIN VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
Amadeus: OS VA VAIN VA/Agents first name and last name/personal work email address
Note: When entering your work email address in the OSI field use // instead of @. If you have an underscore (_) in your email address, replace _ with --
6. Any new domestic booking, in any booking class operated and marketed by Virgin Australia and made on Virgin Australia (795) ticket stock.
7. All bookings must have a valid ticket number and made in accordance with clauses 5 and 6; and ticketed by 02 April 2017, for travel between 15 February 2017 and 12 April 2017. All entries booked and ticketed on Virgin Australia (795) must include the OSI entry listed in clause 5. This OSI must be added to the PNR at the same time of PNR creation. Booked passengers must travel to be eligible for the promotion. Any bookings that are subsequently cancelled will not count towards the promotion.
8. Each booking must be unique to a travel agent - no agency, including online corporate booking tools or group bookings are permitted and will be disqualified from the Incentive, and/or other rewards or prizes earned or won will be forfeited. Such bookings are excluded and will not be considered Eligible Bookings.
9. Bookings with incomplete, invalid, incorrect, cancelled or indecipherable codes will be deemed invalid and cannot be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion. Any Eligible Booking that is made but is cancelled during the Incentive Period or has been modified as such that travel is no longer within the Incentive Period, will be excluded. All bookings will be audited, verified and tallied by Virgin Australia.
10. In the event that the Promoter becomes aware of any false bookings (as defined in clauses 8 and 9) made towards the weekly prize or win the Best Seller Major Prize (defined below in clause 11), the Participant will be disqualified from the Incentive, and any prizes awarded or the Best Seller Major Prize (if awarded to that Participant) will be forfeited and must be returned by the Participant.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
12. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant(s) who tamper (as defined in clause 8 and 9) with the entry process. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. There will be a total of 16 winners nationally during the Incentive Period. One winner per prize per week. A maximum of one (1) travel consultant from any one travel agency; travel consortium; independent travel group or travel management company per Australian State, Australian Territory will be selected as a prize winner for each weekly prize. Eligible Agents will only be eligible to win one (1) weekly prize during the Incentive Period however; will still be eligible to win the Best Seller Major Prize. If an eligible agent has already been drawn as a winner in the weekly prize draw, a redraw will be conducted. Winners will be determined based on highest ticketed revenue sold on Virgin Australia operated and marketed (795) domestic, flights. The ticketed revenue value excludes fees, and ancillaries. The Agent, who achieves the highest sales, calculated in Australian dollars, of ticketed revenue for Eligible Flights during the Incentive Period will receive 1,000,000 Velocity Points credited to their Velocity Frequent Flyer account (“Best Seller Major Prize”). “Ticketed Revenue” means a fare exclusive of ancillaries and fees other than ticket taxes including GST. In the event of a tie for the Best Seller Major Prize (where two or more Participants have the equal highest sales, calculated on Ticketed Revenue in Australian dollars , of tickets for Eligible Flights, the Best Seller Major Prize will be divided equally between each such tied Participant. The Best Seller Major Prize is not transferable or exchangeable. If for any reason the Best Seller Major Prize is not redeemed or claimed by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Best Seller Major Prize will be forfeited. For the avoidance of doubt, if a Participant has changed employer during the Incentive Period, their sales from each company will not be combined and only their sales recorded with their current employer (as at the end of the Incentive Period) will be considered. The winner of each weekly prize and Best Seller Major Prize will be announced on 28 April 2017, post Incentive Period at Virgin Australia offices, Level 5, 7-15 Macquarie Place Sydney, NSW Australia. The winner will be notified via phone or email no later than 28 April 2017.
15. The following weekly prizes will be awarded as follows:
|1||1st Prize: 200,000 Velocity Points |
2nd prize: 2 annual lounge memberships
|2||1st Prize: 2 business class tickets to Fiji |
2nd prize 100,000 Velocity Points
|3||1st Prize: 200,000 Velocity Points |
2nd prize: 2 annual lounge memberships
|4||1st Prize: 2 business class tickets Domestic |
2nd prize: 100,000 Velocity Points
|5||1st Prize: 2 business class tickets to LAX |
2nd prize: 100,000 Velocity Points
|6||1st Prize: 200,000 Velocity Points |
2nd prize: 2 annual lounge memberships
|7||1st prize: 100,000 Velocity Points |
2nd prize: 2 annual lounge memberships
3rd prize: 2 annual lounge memberships
|Final||Best Seller Major Prize: 1 million Velocity Frequent Flyer Points|
|Average total estimated prize value $90,000|
16. Velocity Reward Points: Valid entries drawn may be eligible to win one (1) hundred thousand, two (2) hundred thousand or one (1) million Velocity Rewards Points which may be redeemed for goods and services. Velocity Points will be allocated to the Velocity Member’s Account only. Value is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program at the time of this competition (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program which can be viewed at www.velocityrewards.com). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of licensing this promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how and when they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program. The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points can be redeemed through the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program in several ways, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points program and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points store. Velocity/Virgin Australia are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
17. Velocity Points: Velocity Points prizes will be allocated at the end of the Incentive Period once travellers have flown. Please allow up to one month once the traveller has flown for the Velocity Points to be allocated to the winners account. Participants who are not existing Velocity Frequent Flyer Program members can sign up to the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program for free here. Please note if the prize winner’s account is linked via family pooling the prize Points will be allocated into the Beneficiary Account and Points can expire due to account inactivity. By joining Velocity, Participants agree to the Velocity Frequent Flyer Program Member Terms and Conditions available at https://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/.
18. Virgin Australia Lounge Membership: Virgin Australia Lounge Memberships will be provided at the end of the Incentive Period once travellers have flown. Conditions apply to all aspects of Membership of, and entry to, the lounge. a) Lounge Members must also be Velocity Members. b) Individual Membership is open to individuals who are over 18 years of age and is not transferable. c) Corporate Membership and Government Membership is available to Corporate Clients and Government Clients that enrol their employees in the lounge. Corporate Memberships, which are part of a Scheme, will have a common expiry date, regardless of the date individual Lounge Members join the lounge and may be transferred once per year to another employee of the same organisation. Virgin Australia may charge a transfer fee for this service, in its discretion. d) Virgin Australia expressly reserves the right to vary the amount of the Membership Fee or the Joining Fee payable by a Lounge Member at the time they renew their Membership including, without limitation, offering promotional or discounted rates. Virgin Australia will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any Lounge Member resulting from any variation to the Membership Fee or the Joining Fee. e) Membership is at the discretion of Virgin Australia, and it may accept or reject an application for Membership as it deems fit. f) For Individual Members and Industry Members, renewal of Membership, and payment of the Membership Fee is due upon the anniversary of the Member's date of joining. For Corporate Members and Government Members, payment of the Membership Fee is due upon the anniversary of the common expiry date. g) If Membership is not renewed within 1 month of its expiry, any subsequent application for its renewal will be subject to payment of the then applicable Joining Fee in addition to the Membership Fee. h) If Membership is renewed within 1 month of its expiry, the renewal will be backdated to the expiry date of the membership i) If an Individual Member indicates to us within 2 weeks of purchasing their Membership that they would like to withdraw from being an Individual Member of the lounge, we will cancel their Membership and issue a refund of the Membership Fee only, provided the Individual Member has not used their Membership at any lounge. The Joining Fee will not be refunded. An Individual Member who has used their Membership at a lounge within the 2 week period after purchasing their Membership cannot claim a refund of the Joining Fee or the Membership Fee. j) An Individual Member who enters the lounge in order to apply for Membership and has their Membership Card activated is deemed to have used their Membership and cannot claim a refund of the Joining Fee or the Membership Fee. k) Virgin Australia does not provide refunds or extensions as a result of paid Lounge Members becoming eligible for lounge access by virtue of their status in the Velocity program. Full Virgin Australia Lounge Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.virginaustralia.com/us/en/information/domestic-and-short-haul-international/lounge-terms-and-conditions/
19. The Prize includes GST and Ticket taxes. Unless otherwise stated, the Prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, other fees, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature including any ancillary items such as extra baggage or extra legroom or any form of upgrades unless otherwise advise or stated. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each Prize-winner. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Prize travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage which can be found at: Virgin Australia -http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/about-us/legal-policies/conditions-of-carriage/
20. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. There can be no changes made to travel arrangements once tickets are issued. If the Prize is not utilised within the specified dates it will be forfeited.
21. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
22. All winners will be notified by email and/or phone by no later than 28 April 2017 by a Virgin Australia representative. Winner’s names may be published on the Virgin Australia Trade Incentive page (www.virginaustralia.com/millionpoints) or in trade publication Travel Daily, no later than 28 April 2017. Any queries regarding eligibility or the prizes, please email email@example.com
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
23. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
24. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any Prize or part of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
25. The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
Fringe Benefits Tax
27. Receipt of a prize may have Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implications to the extent that there is any FBT liability. . Recipients of a Velocity Point Prizes or weekly store prizes may impact the Reportable Fringe Benefits disclosed on your Payment Summary. It is recommended you contact your personal tax agent to discuss the implications of receiving Reportable Fringe Benefits. Virgin Australia and Velocity Frequent Flyer will not be liable for any taxation, including income tax, FBT or any liability of loss of opportunity due to Reportable Fringe Benefits incurred by a winner, a Participant or their employer that may be levied as a result of winning. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a Prize or for any additional costs for items not specified above. Independent financial advice should be sought. Travel agents must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the competition sufficiently notifies Participants of the above conditions.