Step 1 – Navigate to our Online Check-in portal
- Visit check-in.virginaustralia.com on your desktop, tablet or mobile device
Step 2 – Retrieve your booking via Booking Reference
- Enter your Booking Reference, last name and departing location; or
Step 3 – Retrieve your booking via your Velocity log in
- Either select “Login” in the top right, or the “Retrieve as a Velocity member” link to the left of the “Retrieve >” button, and enter your Velocity member number and password
- If you have multiple bookings available for check in, select the one you would like to check in for
Step 4 – Identify guest(s) to check in
- By default, all guests included in the booking will be pre-selected for check in
- If you do not wish to check in one or more guests from your booking, you may remove them prior to continuing
- Select “Save” or “Cancel” to return to the overview screen
Step 5 – View and select journeys (optional)
- If you have a same-day return booking but only wish to check in to your outbound journey, you may deselect that journey
- Select “Check In” to check in and generate your boarding pass
Step 6 – Nominate checked baggage or purchase additional checked baggage (optional)
- Select the red "Checked bags" text to nominate the number of bags you are travelling with, and to purchase additional baggage
- Select a guest for whom you wish to nominate checked baggage
- Use the plus and minus buttons to indicate how many bags each guest will be travelling with
- If you are also checking in for your return flight, change your journey to nominate baggage for this flight too.
- Select “Save” or “Cancel” to navigate back to the overview screen
Step 7 – Select seats and/or purchase Extra Legroom Seats (optional)
- Desktops/Large tablets: Select the guest you wish to choose a seat for. Once they are highlighted in red on the left hand menu, select the desired seat from the seat map. Select “Save” to save and return
- Small tablets Mobile: Select a guest then choose a seat from the seat map.
- If you have booked more than one flight, you can also choose to select seats for these here.
- Select "Save" or "Cancel" to navigate back to the overview screen.
Step 8 – Pay for your travel extras
- If you wish to edit the extras that you have added to the booking, you may do so now by selecting “Edit items”. You can now add to, or remove, from your extras
- Once you are satisfied with your chosen extras, enter your preferred card and billing details, then select “Pay now >”
Step 9 – Declare dangerous goods
- Review the information and graphics provided
- Declare dangerous goods by selecting either, “Yes I am” or “No I’m not"
- If you are travelling with dangerous goods, you will be asked to proceed to the airport to complete check in
Step 10 – Send your boarding passes
- Choose to receive your boarding pass via SMS, Email, Passbook (where applicable), or print
- If you have opted to receive your boarding pass via SMS or Email, enter the mobile number or email address in the field provided
- To print boarding passes for all guests, select “Print all boarding passes”
Please note: Each boarding pass must be sent to a unique mobile number
Step 11 – Check in confirmation
- If you have opted to receive a Mobile boarding pass, you will be sent an SMS with a link to your boarding pass
- If you have opted to receive your boarding pass by email, you will emailed a link to your boarding pass
- On the day of your flight, present and scan your boarding pass at the gate to board
- If you have opted for Passbook or Google Now boarding passes (where applicable), your digital boarding pass can be presented at the boarding gate from your device
- Please ensure you check in at least 45 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
Step 12: At the Airport
- No checked bags? Head straight to your boarding gate with your boarding pass
- Checked bags? Visit a bag drop counter with your boarding pass, and then proceed to your boarding gate
Note: Online Check-in is available between 48 hours and 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
Online Check-in is only available for flights on our domestic network and for certain types of bookings. Read our Online Check-in limitations.