What we support
Virgin Australia receives many requests for sponsorship each year. As an organisation, we have an interest in activity that falls within the following categories:
- Commercial programs
- Art and cultural related events
- Indigenous activities and support.
- Initiatives that support innovation, sustainability & creativity
- Community & Charity Requests
If you are a charity or community group seeking sponsorship, please note that Virgin Australia is currently committed to initiatives that focus on three main social issues in Australia – the indigenous; youth at risk and homelessness. To this end we devote our available resources to:
- The Australian Indigenous Mentoring Experience (AIME) who mentor indigenous secondary school students to enter tertiary education
- Foodbank, a not-for-profit organisation that seeks and distributes food and grocery industry donations to welfare agencies which feed the hungry.
- Brisbane Youth Service (BYS) who are a community-based organisation that works with homeless or at-risk young people, providing long-term assistance to help them understand their situation and make more positive choices
Virgin Australia is also the official airline and wish partner of the Starlight Children’s Foundation.
As we devote our available resources to the above organisations, we have limited opportunities to enter into new community and charity partnerships.
We look to foster strong and meaningful relationships with our partners through aligned brand values and goals. In particular, we look for sponsorship requests that:
- Support and align with Virgin Australia’s brand values and strategic direction and/or will communicate the Virgin Australia’s product and/or service offerings
- Offers exclusivity in the categories of air travel and tourism
- Provide an opportunity to reach and engage our target market/s
- Provide a high degree of visibility for Virgin Australia, its products and/or services which will usually include measurable benefits such as positive media coverage.
What we do not support
Whilst we would like to support all requests, we simply cannot due to an already broad program of sponsorship activity. Virgin Australia will not support sponsorships that may be detrimental to our brand or offend a specific community group. These include but are not limited to:
- Organisations or activities that go against our brand values and business needs
- Political organisations or campaigns
- Organisations or groups whose planned activities could be potentially hazardous such as gambling, alcohol, smoking or drug related activities
- Religious groups, unless they are affiliated with an organization which benefits the community as a whole
- Race specific organisations
- Organisations linked to contentious issues
- An individual (or small group/team) seeking support for personal interests
How to Submit
All requests for sponsorship must be submitted online via the sponsorship application request form. Additional information or material may be submitted as an attachment at the end of the online application process. Virgin Australia aims to process each application within three weeks and will be in contact via email once the application has been reviewed.
Thank you for thinking of Virgin Australia as a potential sponsor for your activity.