Virgin Australia welcomes Surfers Paradise Beach to the Gold Coast11/07/2012
Virgin Australia has today celebrated one of its newest Boeing 737-800 aircraft, Surfers Paradise Beach on its first commercial service to the Gold Coast as DJ509 from Sydney.
Group Executive – Alliances, Network and Yield, Merren McArthur said the airline had an established program of naming aircraft after iconic Australian beaches.
“We have named this aircraft after the iconic Gold Coast beach “Surfers Paradise” to represent our commitment to the region. The beach is an important attraction for leisure travellers and will be promoted across our domestic network.”
Ms. McArthur said that Surfers Paradise Beach featured Virgin Australia’s new Business Class product that includes:
- Luxury leather seating with 38” seat pitch on the Boeing 737
- Comfort packs with plush blankets, pillows, and International style amenity kits with Australian organic cosmetics by GROWN for flights over three hours
- Coat check in service with complimentary coat bag
- Newspapers until noon daily
- Exclusive Luke Mangan gourmet full service dining experience, including Luke’s Australian Mocktail on boarding
- Premium Australian wines, beers, and spirit selection
- Gourmet tea selection from Madame Flavour
- Priority baggage service where available
In May Virgin Australia opened its lounge at Gold Coast airport, enhancing travel to this important destination for both leisure and corporate guests.
Located at the southern end of the Gold Coast domestic terminal, the Virgin Australia lounge features an entry level reception area with a mezzanine level revealing sweeping views of the tarmac and Gold Coast hinterland. The space stretches over 680m2, offering distinct areas to relax, refuel and work, including business facilities, entertainment options and a Luke Mangan designed buffet.
“Virgin Australia has been operating flights to the Gold Coast for more than 10 years, and is the only airline to offer domestic Business Class to the Gold Coast with more than 150 domestic and international return flights to the region each week,” Ms. McArthur said.
Virgin Australia has competitive Business Class fares from as low as $369 one way from Sydney to the Gold Coast. Select travel periods apply from July 2012 until March 2013.