Your chance to win 100,000 Points every month
Each month from December 2012 – June 2013, Virgin Australia guests who use self check-in will go into a monthly draw to win 100,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points!
To be in the running, simply check into your domestic Virgin Australia flight via web, mobile or kiosk. You’ll receive one entry per check-in.
Not a Velocity Frequent Flyer member? Join today, it’s free.
“SELF-SERVICE CHECK-IN” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this “Self Service Check-In” Promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Promotion commences on 01/12/2012 and closes at 5.00pm AEST on 30/06/2013 (“Promotional Period”).
3. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are members of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program (“Velocity Member”).
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating partners and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. To receive an automatic entry, Velocity Members must, during the Promotional Period, use one (1) of the passenger self-service check-in options (ie. online, mobile or kiosk) to check in to any Australian domestic flight operated by Virgin Australia Airlines.
6. Entry is automatic. Should a Velocity Member not wish to be automatically entered into this Promotion, they can contact the Promoter at MarketingVelocity@virginaustralia.com.
7. Multiple entries are permitted. Each time an entrant uses a self-service check-in to take an Australian domestic Virgin Australia Airlines flight, during the Promotional Period, they will be entered into the relevant draw. Only one (1) entry permitted per self-service check-in to an Australian domestic Virgin Australia Airlines flight.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Velocity Members (including a Velocity Member’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Velocity Member who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. There will be one (1) draw conducted for each month of the Promotional Period (each a “Monthly Draw”). There will be seven (7) Monthly Draws in total conducted for this Promotion. Entries close for each Monthly Draw at 5.00pm on the dates specified in the table below. All draws will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 3, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina, NSW 2250 at 3.00pm on the dates specified in the table below. Entries in each Monthly Draw will NOT be entered into any subsequent Monthly Draws. All times indicated are AEST/AEDST unless specified otherwise. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant Monthly Draw and winners will have their names published on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website (virginaustralia.com/velocity) from the dates outlined in the table below for a period of twenty-eight (28) days. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
|Draw||Entries close||Draw date||Publication date|
10. The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will each win one hundred thousand 100,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points valued at up to AU$2,732.
11. The value of Velocity Frequent Flyer Points is based on a sample of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program). The estimate of value is provided for the purposes of this Promotion only – the value of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will vary depending on how they are redeemed by the winners through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
12. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming Velocity Frequent Flyer Points are not included. Any unused balance of Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will not be redeemed in cash. Redemption of Velocity Frequent Flyer Points are subject to any terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
14. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Total prize pool value is up to AU$19,124. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and in the case of non-cash prizes, prizes cannot be taken as cash.
16. A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 31/10/2013 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the unclaimed prize draw and their names will be published on the Velocity Frequent Flyer website (virginaustralia.com/velocity) from 07/11/2013 for a period of twenty-eight (28) days.
17. Velocity Members consent to the Promoter using the Velocity Member's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Velocity Member; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
19. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
20. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Velocity Member; or (f) use of a prize.
21. The Promoter collects personal information for the purpose of conducting the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the Velocity Member. Velocity Members should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
22. Velocity Frequent Flyer is operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd as trustee of the Loyalty Trust. To earn and redeem Velocity Frequent Flyer Points, you must be a Velocity Member. Velocity membership and Velocity Frequent Flyer Points earn and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions located at virginaustralia.com/velocity, as amended from time to time.
23. The Promoter is Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd of 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, QLD 4006. ABN 98 116 089 448. Telephone: 07 3295 3000.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/12/9683 VIC Permit No. 12/2936 ACT Permit No. TP12/4399 SA Permit No. T12/2265