Experience the best of the NT!
There's never been a better time to book your Northern Territory adventure. With great fares to Darwin, you can make your trip as action-packed or as laidback as you want it to be. There is no shortage of things to do.
Flights and holiday packages available. Hurry, this sale is for a limited time only*.
Darwin is the perfect mix of cosmopolitan and outback adventure enjoying a warm climate all year round. Whether you’re enjoying the sights and aromatic smells from the world famous Mindil Beach Sunset Markets or eyeballing a crocodile in the ‘cage of death’, there is something for everyone.
Within a few hours, you will find yourself in beautiful Katherine, where you can swim in the waterfalls and kayak through the Gorges. For the perfect day trip, travel only an hour until you reach Litchfield National Park, home to some of the best swimming spots in Australia, with hidden waterholes, rock pools and waterfalls for you to jump into for a refreshing dip – an adventurer’s paradise!
Darwin is the perfect place for your next holiday with experiences to suit everyone. Virgin Australia now flies to Darwin from most capital cities so don’t wait any longer to book your trip to the Northern Territory. Do the NT today!
Darwin Top 10
- Dining at the picturesque Darwin Waterfront
- Wandering Mindil Beach Sunset Markets
- Join a harbour cruise
- Explore Mary River National Park
- Bushwalking or 4WD through Litchfield National Park
- Visiting the Darwin Botanic Gardens
- Swim with a crocodile in the “Cage of Death”
- Learn about Australia’s WWII history at East Point
- Join a fishing charter chasing local barramundi
- Discover the latest new releases or revisit your favourite classic films under the stars at the open air cinema on Darwin Harbour.
Darwin on a budget
Travelling on a budget? Darwin will still amaze you with these priceless offers:
- Swim at the Lagoon Pool at Darwin’s Waterfront
- Enjoy an iconic sunset at Fannie Bay, Mindil Beach Markets or Nightcliff foreshore
- Experience the world’s oldest living culture and art at the Museum and Art Gallery of the NT
- Take in the sights and the smells of delicious food at one of the local markets – Paprap, Mindil Beach and Nightcliff.
- Take the kids on a water adventure at one of the free water parks (Palmerston or Leanyer Waterpark)
- Check out a free concert at one of the pubs on Mitchell Street/Brown’s Mart
- Enjoy a self-drive day trip down to Litchfield National Park to swim under waterfalls and in crystal clear rock pools
- Learn about Australia’s WWII at East Point
- Explore some of Darwin’s historic buildings - Fannie Bay Gaol, Lyons Cottage, State Square and Parliament House
- Try your luck at fishing from the comfort of Darwin’s Stokes Hill Wharf.
While you’re in Darwin, your Northern Territory adventure wouldn’t be complete without experiencing Uluru.
Read our Uluru travel guide and holiday tips.
* Selected flights to Darwin are on sale from 27 January 2014 until midnight AEST 30 January 2014 unless sold out prior. All fares shown are one way internet fares. Domestic fares are for travel from 1 February 2014 to 9 April 2014 and 15 October 2014 to 10 December 2014. All fares are subject to availability and may vary until ticketed. Seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Fares are correct as at 17 January 2014 and are subject to change. Domestic prices are based on a Saver lite fare and checked baggage allowance is not included. If checked baggage allowance is required customers can purchase a baggage inclusive fare (Saver or Flexi fares), pre-purchase a checked baggage allowance online for $35 for the first piece or purchase excess baggage at the airport for $40 for the first piece. Inclusive allowances increase for Silver, Gold and Platinum Velocity members. Additional fees will be charged for baggage in excess of the published allowances. Go to www.virginaustralia.com/baggage to view our current inclusive baggage allowances for Velocity members and fees and conditions for carriage of additional baggage. Change/cancel fees apply. The applicable change or cancel fee will be the fee published on our website on the date you request the change. A Booking and Service fees applies when booked using a credit or debit card: $7.70 per person per booking for domestic flights. When booking by phone fares are $35 per person more for domestic flights. Conditions and travel restrictions apply for all fares. Go to www.virginaustralia.com for full terms and conditions.