Book car hire with Hertz, Thrifty or Europcar (a Preferred Supplier) to receive the lowest retail rates.
If you book with one of our Preferred Suppliers through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com, or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website, and find a lower retail rate elsewhere on the same day, we will:
- match the rate by refunding you the difference between the amount paid for your car hire booking and the lower matched rate,
- give you 1,000 bonus Velocity Points, and
- gift you with a voucher for a free day of rental, or a free upgrade, to use towards your next car hire with the same Preferred Supplier.
To qualify for the Price Promise, rates must be available online to the general public, with the same Preferred Supplier and booking conditions. Further terms and conditions concerning the Price Promise can be found at the bottom of this page.
How do I take advantage of the Price Promise?
To make a claim you must have a confirmed and current car hire booking with one of our Preferred Suppliers, made online via cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website.
Claims must be made by midnight (AEST) on the same day you receive your car hire booking confirmation email.
A) Screen shot the webpage that shows the lower, publicly-available Internet rate.
Note: The screen shot must show the lower rate corresponding to the same:
- Preferred Supplier;
- Type of Car Hire;
- Rental Conditions
B) Email email@example.com with:
- Your details: First Name, Last Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number and Velocity Membership Number
- Your nominated bank account details for refund of price difference: Account name, BSB and Account number
- Claim information: Name of Competitor, Competitor's website address, Competitor's lower price and date advertised
- Attach both: Virgin Australia Car Hire booking confirmation email and screen shot referred to above in point (A) (in .gif or .jpg format)
All required information must be provided or your claim will be deemed invalid.
Once you submit your claim, we will endeavour to notify you within 10 working days as to whether your claim qualifies for the Price Promise.
What do I receive if my claim is successful?
- A direct deposit refunding the difference between the amount paid for your car hire booking purchased through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com, or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the lower matched rate. The direct deposit will be paid in $AU to the bank account provided in the claim email, within 30 days after car drop-off. If the booking was made in another currency, the amount to be paid will be converted into $AU using the currency conversion rate shown on Reuters.
- 1,000 Velocity Points credited to your Velocity Membership Account within 30 days of the completion of your car hire. You must be a Velocity Member to receive the 1,000 Velocity Points.
- A voucher for a free day of rental, or a free upgrade, from the Preferred Supplier to use towards your next rental. Only Thrifty and Europcar customers are eligible for a ‘free day’ rental voucher. Standard rental terms and conditions apply. Hertz customers will receive a ‘free upgrade’ voucher. Vouchers will be issued within 30 days of the completion of your car hire, and are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
^Terms and Conditions
The Price Promise is only available with our Preferred Suppliers (Thrifty, Hertz and Europcar) for rentals within Australia and New Zealand.
The Price Promise does not apply to cancelled bookings or if a guest finds a cheaper rate through a travel agent, or by way of a corporate discount, private membership rate or when purchasing car hire as part of a holiday package.
A Price Promise claim must be based on a like-for-like comparison between the retail rate provided through cartrawler.virginaustralia.com or as a Travel Extra while booking flights online via the Virgin Australia website and the retail rate provided online by the same Preferred Supplier with the exact same rental conditions.
Rental conditions include:
- The same pick-up and drop-off locations
- The same time and dates
- The same vehicle make and model
- The same inclusions (baby seat, GPS, insurance waiver etc.)
- The same promotion rates or codes
If you are comparing discounted or promotional rates, the exact same discount or promotion must be included on the supplier’s site to form the basis of a valid claim. The vehicle at the lower price must be available online for instant confirmation.
The Price Promise may be revised, amended, updated, and/or discontinued at the absolute discretion of Virgin Australia from time to time. The terms of the Price Promise which apply to a claim are those published on the Virgin Australia website at the time a claim is submitted.
Velocity Frequent Flyer is free to join online at velocityrewards.com.au. Velocity Frequent Flyer is operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd as trustee of the Loyalty Trust. Velocity Membership and points earned and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, available at Velocityrewards.com.au, as amended from time to time.