To be eligible to enter, individuals must be a Velocity Frequent Flyer member, must be a minimum age of 18 years.
1. Entry is automatic when you subscribe to receive the Virgin Australia Holidays e-newsletter at www.virginaustralia.com/holidays-alerts-comp
2. One entry into the prize draw with Virgin Australia Holidays during the promotional period.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian & New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one entry permitted.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. Promotion commences 1 May 2014. Entries close on 31 July 2014 at 11:59pm AEDST.
10. The winner will be the first valid entry drawn at random from all valid entries received.
11. The winner will be drawn at 10:00 am AEST on 15 August 2014 at the offices of Virgin Australia Holidays, Level 4, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW with the winner notified on 15 August, 2014 by telephone and email and details will be published on the Virgin Australia website at http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/bookings/holidays/holiday-packages/million-points-competition-winner/
12. Should the initial winner not claim their prize within three months from the draw date, a redraw will be held on 15 November, 2014 at 10:00 am AEST. The redrawn winner will be notified by telephone and email and details will be published on the Virgin Australia website at http://www.virginaustralia.com/au/en/bookings/holidays/holiday-packages/million-points-competition-winner/
13. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
14. Total prize pool is 1 (one) million Velocity Frequent Flyer points valued at $27,500.00 (including GST). Value is based on a sample of the points options that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program). The estimate of the value is provided for purposes of the promotion only – the value of the Points will vary depending on how they are redeemed by the winner through the Velocity Frequent Flyer program.
15. The winner will receive 1 (one) million Velocity Frequent Flyer points, which can be used to redeem items from the Velocity Frequent Flyer website (www.virginaustralia.com/velocity).
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
17. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. Any unused balance of the prize will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the prize is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer.
18. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
19. Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, Velocity and Virgin Australia (including officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize .
24. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion, if applicable) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
25. The laws of Queensland apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland and courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
26. The Promoter is ZUJI Pty Ltd ABN 18 096 920 866, (trading as Virgin Australia Holidays) of Level 4, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000
27. Authorized under ACT Permit number: TP 14/01225 , NSW Permit Number: LTPS/14/02404, VIC Permit Number: 14/3807, SA Permit Number: T14/566