We take the safety of children very seriously and take every measure possible to ensure they have a comfortable and enjoyable flight.
To ensure the highest level of care, we only accept a limited number of bookings for unaccompanied minors on Virgin Australia domestic and short-haul international flights.
- Any child aged 5–11 years (who is not yet 12) who is travelling without a parent/legal guardian must be booked as an Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR).
- If your child is under 12 years of age and is not booked as an Unaccompanied Minor, they must be accompanied by another person 15 years of age or older.
- Any child aged 12–15 years (who is not yet 15) may also travel as an Unaccompanied Minor – if requested by the parent/legal guardian.
- Children between 5–11 years of age attempting to travel alone, and have not been booked as an Unaccompanied Minor may be denied travel until we are provided with all relevant details in relation to the child's travel arrangements (as described below in the conditions of carriage).
To make a booking for an unaccompanied minor, please call our Guest Contact Centre (Internet discount fare will be honoured).
You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Booking password (must be quoted by any caller wishing to make future changes to the flight details, or drop-off, and pick-up details)
- Child’s name, age and gender
- Sender’s name, address, phone number and relationship to child (and if the Sender is not the parent or legal guardian, their age)
- Receiver’s name, address, phone number and relationship to child (and if the Receiver is not the parent or legal guardian, their age)
- Any special instructions (e.g. allergies, medical conditions, fear of flying)
Our Guest Contact Centre will endeavour to answer any further questions you may have about the travel arrangements.
On the day of travel
To ensure we have all necessary information on the day of travel, please download the Unaccompanied Minor form and present the completed form at the check-in counter.
For your convenience the Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) form can be downloaded and completed prior to travel.
Please note, we will endeavour to seat unaccompanied minors together in close proximity to the cabin crew work areas. Where possible, we will also aim to seat unaccompanied minors next to a vacant seat, however this will be determined by operational factors on the day of travel.
Virgin Australia offers a variety of in-flight entertainment options dependent on the route flown, aircraft type and availability - find out more about our entertainment options.
The following rules apply to in-flight entertainment and Unaccompanied Minors:
- In-flight entertainment may be offered to an Unaccompanied Minor – subject to availability and parent/guardian permission.
- It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to:
- determine whether or not the viewing material available on the in-flight entertainment system is suitable for the Unaccompanied Minor, and to indicate on the Unaccompanied Minor form whether their child has permission to access in-flight entertainment; and
- where necessary, provide the Unaccompanied Minor with money to hire an in-flight entertainment unit on board (subject to route flown, fare type purchased and availability).
- The parent/guardian must acknowledge that:
(a) television footage on live2air-equipped aircraft may be displayed on all screens for approx. 10 minutes (or potentially longer) during the flight; and
(b) viewing of footage on other guests’ screens cannot be prevented; and
(c) we accept no responsibility for any footage or audio viewed or heard by the child.
Fees and Charges
Fees are payable upon booking and are chargeable per sector, per child.
Note: Fees are non refundable.
International short haul flights
Conditions of Carriage & Medication
Please be aware that the following conditions apply to all Unaccompanied Minor bookings:
- To ensure the highest level of service is delivered to all guests, we carry a maximum of six Unaccompanied Minors per flight.
- Unaccompanied minors cannot be booked on connecting flights.
- If the child suffers from any medical conditions which may affect their travel the child must satisfy our Medical Clearance Guidelines (PDF, 231KB). Our cabin crew are unable to administer medication.
- If the child is unable to satisfy our Independent Travel Criteria they are required to travel with a Carer.
- If the child wants or needs to perform any of the following tasks during a flight but cannot do so without assistance, then they are required to travel with a Carer:
- Consume food and beverages (cabin crew can assist with opening any packaging);
- Attend the toilet (including getting to and from the toilet onboard); or
- Administer any medication (including Epi Pens).
- Booking details can only be changed by callers who are able to quote the Reservation Number and booking password advised at the time of making the Unaccompanied Minor booking. For that reason it is important to protect the secrecy of the password, and ensure that it is only disclosed to those people authorised to amend the booking.
- A Sender (who will check in the child) and a Receiver (who will collect the child) must be nominated at the time of making the booking. The Sender and Receiver must be the parent/legal guardian OR someone nominated by the parent/legal guardian who is 18 years of age or older. They cannot be an airline representative.
- Unaccompanied Minor forms (which can be downloaded above, mailed prior to the day of travel, or filled out at the airport) must be filled out and signed when checking in and picking up the child.
- Personal information of the Sender and Receiver will need to be documented on the Unaccompanied Minor form, and therefore may be viewed by any person picking up the child.
- The child may be required to show proof of age (e.g. a birth certificate) on request at check-in. Boarding may be refused if this is not provided.
- ID of the parent/guardian must be presented when checking in and picking up the Unaccompanied Minor. The parent’s/guardian’s details on the ID must match the details in the Unaccompanied Minor’s booking, and on the relevant form.
- Food and drinks are available onboard for purchase by the child; alternatively, food and drinks may be packed and carried onboard.
Note: If the Unaccompanied Minor is not collected at the destination and we cannot contact the parent/guardian meeting the Unaccompanied Minor on arrival or the parent/guardian escorting the Unaccompanied Minor on departure, we will then be forced to contact the police.