Step 1 – Search for flights
- “Expand” the virginaustralia.com homepage booking box to reveal the full booking panel
- Enter your flight search criteria, and click “Find Flights”
Step 2 – Confirm your date of travel
- Review your date of travel on the calendar(s) provided
- To change your date of travel, click on a new travel date
Step 3 – Select your flight time and fare type
- Choose your preferred flight time and fare type
Tip: Fare inclusions and rules can be viewed and compared by hovering over the fare type titles, i.e. Saver Lite (v).
Step 4 – Enter guest details and travel preferences
- Enter your personal and contact (and if necessary documentation) details in the fields provided
- Add applicable travel preferences
Tip: To enjoy great rewards and exclusive benefits, tick the tickbox at the bottom of the page and join Velocity Frequent Flyer.
Step 5 – Add Travel Extras
- To upgrade your fare type to include a baggage allowance (if you have previously selected a ‘Saver Lite’ fare type), click “Upgrade” Note: Individual flights can be upgraded in the box below the “Upgrade” option
- To Carbon Offset click “Add”
- To add Additional Baggage click “Add”, select guest(s)who require additional bags, and the number of additional checked bags required
Tip: Baggage allowances are only included for selected fares and Velocity Members. To check your baggage inclusions, click the Fare Type and Velocity Tier links provided.
Step 6 – Select your seat
- Click on the applicable flight (+) for seat selection, and select the guest’s name
- Click on the guest’s preferred seat on the seat map provided
- Click “Continue to Payment”
Tip: Refer to the seat key to understand seat availability.
Step 7 – Select travel insurance and make payment
- Select whether you would like to purchase travel insurance
- Choose your preferred method of payment (credit card, PayPal, Travel Bank or Internet Payment)
- Pay for your flight (and extras) by entering your details in the fields provided, or by following the steps in the information provided
- Click “Continue” to purchase your flight(s) and extras.
Tip: Consult the booking summary, displayed on the right-hand side of your screen, to view your booking details and costs.
Your itinerary and e-Ticket has been sent to your nominated email address
- You will receive a reminder email prior to your flight date
- If you need to alter your booking you can do so online via Manage Bookings
- Guests flying on our domestic network can conveniently check in online via the web or by a web-enabled mobile device
- Enjoy your flight!
Do you need help finding the lowest fare?
- Get the right fare, for the right price, at the right time, view our Best Fares
- Be the first to know about flight specials with the Virgin Australia Flight Specials App
- Receive our latest specials, promotions and email sales alerts, sign up to V-mail