V Australia Wins Passenger Choice Awards14/09/2011
V Australia has won Best in Region (Asia and Australasia); Best Food and Beverage; and Best In Flight Entertainment User Interface at the 2011 Airline Passenger Experience Association (APEX) Passenger Choice Awards in Washington, Seattle overnight.
The Awards created by APEX and voted on by the travelling public recognise airlines for their service, products and innovations.
Virgin Australia Group Executive Product and Guest Services Martin Daley said winning three of the 14 categories from international carriers that operated on a route network that exceeded V Australia was a great compliment for an airline that had been operating for two and a half years.
“V Australia would like to thank our Guests who took the time to vote for us. Clearly, we are providing the best level of product and services for them.
“Our cabin crew provide the highest standard of service and ensure our Guests’ are taken care of from the moment they board our Boeing 777-300 aircraft.
“From our Luke Mangan designed inflight meals to the award-winning seat-back entertainment system which offers a wealth of entertainment options and a vibrant easy-to-use touch-screen, we have a great winning combination,” he said.
Mr. Daley noted that more than half of the awards at the APEX ceremony were presented to Virgin airlines – V Australia; Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic.
The winners of the 2011 Passenger Choice Awards included:
- Best in Region: Asia and Australasia – V Australia
- Best IFE User Interface – V Australia
- Best Food & Beverage – V Australia
- Best Overall Passenger Experience (Up to 50 IFE equipped in fleet) – Virgin America
- Best in Region: Americas – Virgin America
- Best Inflight Video – Virgin America
- Best Ground Experience – Virgin America
- Best in Region: Europe – Virgin Atlantic