Best Airline Australia Pacific
Best Airline Staff Service Australia Pacific
Virgin Blue Group of Airlines update as of 1300 Monday 27 September 2010
Out of the 400 planned departures for today, 145 had departed by noon.
Average wait times at domestic airports is around 30 minutes.
We are making public announcements throughout terminals on average of every 10 minutes.
The following information is available for all Guests via the website – www.virginblue.com.au
· Our airport check-in and boarding systems are back online. We expect to get most of our affected guests onto flights today.
· We are currently experiencing long wait times in our Guest Contact Centre.
For guests whose travel was disrupted YESTERDAY:
· We have commenced rebooking your flights and will contact you as soon as we have your new flight details.
· If you are still at home or your hotel we advise you wait there until we contact you.
· If you are in a hotel and your new flight time is later today or tomorrow please contact hotel reception for late check out or extend your stay.
For guests whose travel was disrupted TODAY:
· A list of cancelled flights is updated on the website.
· If your flight has been cancelled today we will rebook you onto a flight and contact you as soon as possible.
If you cannot be rebooked onto a flight TODAY:
· If you are not in your home town, are at the airport and require accommodation please contact the Guest Services Desk to arrange accommodation.
· If you are not in your home town, are not at the airport and require accommodation please extend your stay.
· If your flight is delayed by more than four hours, you can claim reasonable expenses for accommodation (up to $220 per night) and transport between your hotel and the airport. The form is found on the website: www.virginblue.com.au
We hope to minimise delays today, however we do ask all Guests prior to going to the airport to check our website which will be updated with information on any cancellations or changes to scheduled operations.
For any new bookings, only flights after midnight Wednesday 29 September are currently available for sale.
We again apologise to all Guests who had their travel plans disrupted during the past 24 hours.
For any flights cancelled today, we will be updating the list below regularly throughout the day:
DJ625 Canberra – Sydney
DJ208 Adelaide – Melbourne
DJ805 Melbourne – Sydney
DJ1206 Brisbane - Canberra
DJ1211 Canberra – Brisbane
DJ319 Melbourne – Brisbane
DJ552 Perth – Sydney
DJ924 Brisbane – Sydney
DJ770 Cairns – Brisbane
DJ1313 Hobart – Melbourne
DJ924 Brisbane – Sydney
DJ938 Brisbane –Sydney
DJ939 Sydney – Brisbane
DJ746 Coolangatta- Melbourne